Sign in to follow this  
Flightsummer

Please tell me the right Settings...

Hi Jim!Sorry, but using a limitation higher than thirty leads allways to a sharp horizon. Do you get a soft one using fifty? I wouldn't understand that. I have a NVIDIA card with one of the newest driver, all programs quite recently new installed - so I don't know, why we should have different results. What else are your settings to get a soft horizon with a limitation of fifty?

Hi,No, I use 59 and realize that the sharp horizon is a limitation of FS04 and ignore it. Also, I know that Chris has suggested some textures that help in this area as well. After 2+ years of using FS04 I have come to understand it's limitations and I have stopped adjusting, testing, tweaking, and fooling around with settings! I would much rather fly as much as possible!However, that doesn't mean that others need to do the same or that problems don't surface or that I am going to stop helping out users!!50 should give you a bit of distant haze, very close to the way 59 looks.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Hi Jim!Now I understand. Before I thought that it will be possible to get a real looking horizon. But if not, it's ok. More important is to have the winds aloft for planning the flight and the almost real simulation of the weather.Thank you again for your help!

Guest evagelos

ALSO Marsh in the FSUIPC

I also tried this but without success. The horizon still is a sharp line. Nevertheless, many thanks.Now I hope that the guys from AS will find a way to create a realistic look. Over the time they have managed to make such a great program, why not that?!

Moin Ruediger,have you tried out the soft horizon themes? Since I use them I have always a nice more or less distant haze, no matter which visibility setting I take.A suggestion for the team:Why not imply a button where you can chose if you want wx-influenced themes with or without soft horizon? This way you avoid fumbling around in the settings, creating a new one with wx-influenced stuff except for the day themes etc...

Hi! (Moin, Moin...)yes that's a good idea. I will make some experiments with the soft horizon themes. May be I'll get better results than this thick haze...Let's see.

Hi Stefan,that was a very good recommandation. Now I use "Smooth Horizon 1" and it looks much better. The picture shows it at FL240. I also tried Horizon 2 but couldn't see a difference. Thanks again and moin, moin!

Nice to hear that! Did you chose 29 miles visibility for your screenshot? Looks quite realistic to me.Regards from HH-EppendorfStefan

Guest evagelos

For FL240 it is not by no means realistic. In such height the atmosphere is clean.

Hi!@Stefan, yes 29 nm and it looks better than without smooth horizon, but @Evagelos, you are right, it doesn't look like FL240 - there is still too much haze. But how to get a more realistic result???

>For FL240 it is not by no means realistic. >In such height the atmosphere is clean.>Ever been to Beijing, Hong Kong or Shanghai? :-) That's exactly what it looks like.@RuedigerTry to increase vis to 50 or 59 miles. That works for me.

Hi Stefan,I also tried that. But with numbers higher than 30 I got the sharp horizon, even with "smooth horizons"...

Strange. What time of day did you try it? I mean: This smooth horizon stuff seems to work during bright daylight only since this are day-themes. If you switch to something approaching dawn or after dusk you will get a sharp horizon because AS choses some other themes related to dusk and dawn. This appears to me at least. I can't imagine any other reasons for your problem. Tschulligung...:-)

Hi Stefan,I don't know exactly. So I'll try it again. Normaly I should get the same results as you - I hope so...