Sign in to follow this  

ActiveSky wxRE - sudden transition!!

Guest bfindlay

Dang, I thought I was past this. Just bought and installed it. Followed the manual for configuration, including 'online' and 'taf processing'. Did a flight out of Whitehorse towards Skagway on the coast and noticed this:1st shot is out the window, 10,000 ft., VFR

Guest bfindlay

A few seconds later...socked in solid. BANG just like before. Renders realistic weather flying over this terrain impossible.Don't know what I am doing wrong - I think I have the addon configured correctly - I see metar reports going across the screen occasionally, and they correspond to nearby airports, but something is amiss.

Guest bfindlay

No it is not a display problem. I realize the screenshot is 'cartoonish' in the second, but that happened in the photo program I used to downsize the graphic so Avsim would display it. The actual scene looked normal in the sim.Gateway desktop: P4, 688M Ram, Gforce 2 64M card, Win XP. Latest drivers etc.

Guest ScottPilot

Looks like a display driver problem to me. I doubt it's ActiveSky causing the problem. ActiveSky just sends weather data through FSUIPC and MSFS handles the rest. I have been using ActiveSky wxRE for many days, and I have not had one problem with it. I love this weather program!Scott :( :-eek :-)

Guest bfindlay

No. The screenshots are not helping me here! :-) The second one is distorted, but that has nothing to do with anything related to FS, but to the Ulead Photo impact - which I used to dowsample it prior to upload at Avsim.The problem is the behaviour of weather in FS. I have only tried that one flight so far (didn't have time today - just got in). The behaviour in question is: stooging along VFR over the mountains, then ZIP BANG totally socked in below and everywhere to the horizon. No transition - just the usual FS abrupt change.

Guest Stephan

So what? You're still in VMC.Just dont try to land :-wink2Stephan

There are a number of possible causes to this (e.g. general problems with OVC in 2k2, "white-out fix" in FSUIPC, very little alt. difference between layers)... I suggest you go to the AS forum, post your specs. and the status window at the time of the problem and you'll certainly receive the info you need.