Sign in to follow this  

Censrship again

>what exactly is your complaint ? Be polite and I'm sure it >wont be removed. That was more of a "principal question". No immediate problem at the moment. I was a "victim" of "Captain Sim" but have now asked for a refund - so there will be no further problems hopefully.

It all depends on "how" you complain! It seems to me that if you have a complaint about a product you would want to do it directly with the source, and not get "everyone" involved. I see plenty of complaints on PSS, Dreamfleet, Flight 1, FSD etc... sites without them being removed, so there must be a way to lodge complaints? After all isn't bringing up a particular problem a form of complaint? If the problem is real and reasonable, it will usually get a positive response from someone.There is also the E-Mail route.Pete SPS. Your complaint about not being able to complain is still here, nobody pulled it! :-)

Hi Vortex,Is this a solution looking for a problem?I cannot recall many times (I been visiting here since the Pro-Pilot wars of the 90's) when I have seen a post removed simply because it contained a well written complaint. George said it quite clearly. A courteous and understandable post will almost always get a like kind response.The man with the big A (referring to the capital letter if your last name sir), has set rules that keep this forum nicely insulated from the news group fray. It is certainly not perfect, as I have had my ox was gored a time or two. :)Your point is well taken relative to the customer service aspect of some payware companies. Remember, we are dealing directly with the principals of these small enterprises and not all brillant people are great working with customers. On balance, I feel the add-ons we are getting today are far superior to those 2 years ago. (with exception of PIC which is STILL ahead of its time). The raising of the bar is do to capitalism in my opinion. Even capitalist pigs have to eat. :)Have fun!BobP :)

We answer every single enquiry and/or problem e-mail within 12 hours and most get answered within 5 hours. We stick with our customers to the bitter end in the rare instance that they have install problems. If those problems are insurmountable (again very rare, and usually due not to our product but the purchaser's graphics card or other weak link in their system's chain), we always offer a refund.We do not see the need for a "support" forum since we always deal with any problems immediately and personally. Forums often create extra work for developers which would otherwise be better spent addressing specific purchasers' problems directly. The only problem I recall with a small minority of our purchasers are those to whom we offered assistance but they have not acknowledged or replied back to us!Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

>Hi Vortex, >>On balance, I feel the add-ons we are getting today are far >superior to those 2 years ago. (with exception of PIC which >is STILL ahead of its time). The raising of the bar is do to >capitalism in my opinion. Even capitalist pigs have to eat. >:) I guess you, too, mix me up with another person. I did NOT write anything about capitalism! Obviously a lot of people think if you complain about something you have to be a communist :-)))Very strange!

Sounds very good. I should buy from RealAir Simulations next time :-)Are you planning to release an airliner in the near future?

>>PS. Your complaint about not being able to complain >is still here, nobody pulled it! :-) No wonder - it does not hurt anybody :-)

Those who yell the loudest about the supposed lack of "freedom of speach" here are frequently those that desire to, or accually do succeed, in abusing it.Read our Terms of Use. In it, you will find this:"Please also understand that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREEDOM OF SPEECH IN A PRIVATELY OWNED AND OPERATED FORUM. If you believe that you should have unfettered freedom of speach without equal responsibility for its use, then the AVSIM forums are not for you."You agreed to that BEFORE you applied for access here. In completing the registration process, you AFFIRMATIVELY agree to that and other terms, such as:"User Conduct: (A) The User shall use AVSIM Online's WEB Site and System (here-in-after known as the System) for lawful purposes only. User shall not post or transmit through the System any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or which, without AVSIM Online's express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services except as may be allowed for within the guidelines set forth for the System. Any conduct by a User that in AVSIM Online's discretion restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying the System will not be permitted. User shall not use the System to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation (except as otherwise noted), including, but not limited to, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other on-line information services competitive with the System. "You call it censorship.. We call it mutual respect, adult discourse and a friendly community. Violate any of those, and your message will be removed and failing your notice of that, you may well end up gone too.Now, to your point about complaints... We see, allow, and encourage interaction with developers on the AVSIM forums. We sponsor and support developers, both pay and free, here. We do not unilaterally or capriciously remove posts that are "complaints". What we DO REMOVE are childish rants that are posted for no better reason than to abuse the developer (again, freeware or payware). We also remove messages, which in our humble opinion, are from folks with agendas to fulfill. You might not believe this, but there are those who do publicly and continually lamblast competitors or have their minions do so for them. So, complaints are welcome; as long as they are mature, constructive and objective. Rants will get your message deleted; continued rants will cause us to show you the "door" so to speak.

Guest WorkingStiff

>>>That was more of a "principal question". No immediate problem at the moment.<<< Ahhhh.... :-lol >

So... I guess you do have an agenda, after all! If your reason for complaining is to dish out punishment, than your post should be pulled. Pete S

:-lolAnd I thought I was the only one who caught that.. Great minds think alike.. Must be the full moon. :)

>>So... I guess you do have an agenda, after all! If your >reason for complaining is to dish out punishment, than your >post should be pulled. Don

>Same thing happens with others, such as Dreamfleet and FSD!>I wouldn't single out PSS.You're right, I don't read those either. >While some complaints are justified, much of it is just "drivel" of >why isn't my $30.00 sim plane just like the REAL one! Not only >that, many complaints are erroneous to start with. Just like >blaming MSFS when all ILS's don't lead straight to the runway, when >in fact, some are offset.You're correct, but you can always deal with that directly by pointing out the flaws in these positions. Avoid getting into a flights or arguments and handle it with some diplomacy. Ignore known trouble makers altogether (but let their posts stand).But I notice sometimes they just get a bit insulted and their responses to criticism often make matters worse.I suspect this is the real reason they limit criticism. They just don't want to risk dealing with it.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg