Sign in to follow this  

Censrship again

You are quite right! There is nowhere for unhappy customers to voice their opinion in situations like these :-roll. I don't buy online products anymore, thats my solution! The whole system is capitalist: maximising sales by stifling any potentially damaging complaints, which could put future buyers off. It may work for the companies, but it doesn't work for the unlucky buggers who have issues galore!I'm not a Marxist, but capitalism has major flaws in many areas. Most people think that it's the only way to live, but it screws the poor whilst the rich get richer!Show me a fan of capitalism, and I'll show you a greedy S.O.B. :-lol

It's a difficult one to answer, however I would have thought you have a course of redress through your credit card company or who ever is handling the merchant account.If you have a developer who does not care, I think you should be entitled after exhausting all known routes to inform others, simply put, they do not deserve yours or mine's business. I've noticed a few post's of people complaining about NON released software, then screaming blue murder when there is a fault. The question then is who's at fault ? I can understand the developer wanting to take advantage of the flurry of activity, perhaps they should learn to be prudent in whipping up the storm until such time that the product is in fact ready.On the other hand, if the buyers are putting developers under intense pressure to release as I have seen, Let the buyer beware.In respect of PSS, sure they made mistakes early on, the mistake they made was trying to appease everbody, this, you simply cannot do.Some of the comments made just recently, frankly did not deserve reply as they were downright rude and insulting, would you be prepared to answer such things ? Is it censorship to remove such things, I dont think so. It's a good job it was Graham replying to some and not me, theres a chap with patience, but it only goes so far.I've complained on numerous occassions to the ombudsman and if warranted he has agreed there was no reason for threads to be locked or removed,nothing else has happened but at least I got an ackowledgement, remember Avsim is 24-7, run by individuals at different times of the day,in different continents, as a consequence some moderators suffer kneejerk reactions all to frequently at times (my opinion)However I feel the last few days have been justified.Sorry if this is not what you wanted to read.George

Any web site that carries advertising should be regarded as suspect when it claims to represent the consumer. But a web site that carries such advertising clearly marked, like this one, is laying its cards on the table for all to see. So from there its down to the visitor to take care. Reviews are a different matter as you can never be sure of the potential bias of the reviewer. But isnt that the same of any writing, anywhere?I know I don't believe everything I read. Or maybe there are lots of "Great Satans" in the world!Chas

I don't think that the purpose of "Support Forums" is for constant snivelling, complaining or bashing!I have always seen people get help when they ask for it, in a civilized manner.As you have stated this is a private endeavour, run by a private individual. We are here at his will, like guests in a private residence. If people came to my house and start "complaining" about the way I live, I would promptly show them the door!Some of the responses in this thread show the mentality of certain people and their agendas. Pete S

>As you have stated this is a private endeavour, run by a >private individual. We are here at his will, like guests in >a private residence. >If people came to my house and start "complaining" about the >way I live, I would promptly show them the door! O.K. But this was not my question. My question was: WHERE can I complain if it is necessary to do this publicly for "greater impact"...maybe someone should start a "Flightsim Complaints Website"?I

what exactly is your complaint ? Be polite and I'm sure it wont be removed.George

That's pretty much the main reason I don't read the PSS forum anymore.I'm sure their intent it to keep things fairly calm over direct censorship. But the result still ends up being a removal of most criticism constructive or otherwise.Then if you post on the main FS forum the thread is locked and you are told the PSS forum is a more appropriate place.So basically there is no outlet for any criticism of PSS at avsim.They may say the reason is to focus on support, maybe so but glowing compliments that have nothing to do with support some how manage to stay on the forum.So since I can't see both positive and negative viewpoints I just don't read the PSS forum at all.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I can't say that I have seen any censorship on here (except my original username ;))What becomes really annoying is the use of this forum to vent anger at certain products. What is the purpose of this forum? To *discuss* various aspects of Flight Sim and to request and receive help on Flight Sim.Example:Topic: Problem with XYZI get the following with XYZ. I have tried blah blah. Anyone else see the same thing. Etc.This produces a positive response, and if read by the authors they are likely to respond positively too.Example:Topic: Product XYZ sucksXYZ really sucks. It's a disgrace! I've been ripped off! We should all gang up and put these guys out of business! Etc Etc.Response is entirely negative. Lots of people chime in with 'me too' sentiments. We never get to grips with what exactly is wrong with the product. Anyone who may disagree gets shouted down. Product Authors' response is likely to be defensive rather than helpful.I know what I'd rather see.

>>So since I can't see both positive and negative viewpoints I >just don't read the PSS forum at all. >>Same thing happens with others, such as Dreamfleet and FSD!I wouldn't single out PSS.While some complaints are justified, much of it is just "drivel" of why isn't my $30.00 sim plane just like the REAL one! Not only that, many complaints are erroneous to start with. Just like blaming MSFS when all ILS's don't lead straight to the runway, when in fact, some are offset.L.Adamson

"maybe someone should start a "Flightsim Complaints Website"?""someone"? I had to laugh out loud when I read that one! Would it not be better if you created, maintained, managed, and financed your own website and encouraged us to visit to bring these capitalistic rip-off companies in line with our demands?Please do not ask someone else to do something for you that you should do for yourself, unless you want to play by their rules

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

>BTW, you mentioned something about this great country, stars >and stripes, bleeding and all that stuff in your last >post

>"maybe someone should start a "Flightsim Complaints >Website"?" >>"someone"? I had to laugh out loud when I read that >one! Would it not be better if you created, >maintained, managed, and financed your own website and >encouraged us to visit to bring these capitalistic rip-off >companies in line with our demands? >>Please do not ask someone else to do something for you that >you should do for yourself, unless you want to play by >their rules