Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marc Sykes

Anyone doing RAFCAD or Overlays for LGA

I've got a couple of days off now, and was going to work on an AFCAD overlay for Shez's LGA scenery - as I want the Delta and US Airways flights to go to their proper terminals. Just checking no-one else has this in the works?Rob

And having had a look at the LGA website, it may be that I do the Marine terminal as well. But the CTA won't be overlaid, because that would lead to an extra 4 AFCADS! Try and keep it simple.Rob

I have one, but haven't uploaded to the PAI site yet since I still have some lack of enough gates issues on it causing some airlines to runover. However, if you were to do one yourself, there should be no need for any overlays if you were to make it a RAFCAD. The Delta and USAir aircraft will simply go to their own gates. The only difficulty would be splitting the mainline Delta and Delta Shuttle flights. LGA is not conducive to overlaying since you only have one arrival landing runway at a time to work with. Since both runways are of the same length, you can very simply make each a departure or arrival runway just by checking the appropriate boxes in the runway properties.

Hmm, good point. I may just wait and see what comes up then. I could start work on a RAFCAD, just not sure if my brain won't start bleeding by the end of it!Rob

Guest Marc Sykes

I made one for the Ansari scenery that is more or less realistic. It has the Delta and USAir terminals and is mostly accurate (based on info gleaned from Port Authority's LGA website) as to the placement of the other airlines in the Central Terimnal Building. However, I don't have Delta Shuttle installed so I used their terminal for Delta international flights, as well as Delta domestic overflow.To handle this much traffic, I also have enforced 31 for takeoffs and 4 for landings regardless of wind. That way there are no crashes, as takeoffs from 31 fly right over the guys landing on 4. No overlays, because there really wouldn't be much of a point, as noted.Unfortunately, I still can't get the gates *totally* right. For instance, Northwest has two gates at KLGA, in the Delta terminal. I programmed these and generally NWA uses them, but occasionally you'll see one over in the USAir section or elsewhere, even though one or both Northwest gates are open. Same thing with United, etc.--generally they go to the right place, but not always. I don't know if part of this is because AI is always a bit screwy when you first start the game; maybe that's all there is to it.Anyway, I made this for my own personal use and didn't really intend to release it, but if you want it, send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to send it to you. If anyone who's more experienced with RAFCAD wants to take a look and give me some advice on how to improve stuff, that would be great too.Regards,Marc SykesFirst Officer, Pacific West Airways (#3007)Flight Captain, Delaware Airlines (#D63)