Sign in to follow this  

Ti4200 and the loss of contrast/brightness control

Hi guysJust had the G4Ti4200-128mb (MSI) installed. What a difference this card makes to FS 2002. My only slight problem is that I can control most of the card functions through Display options but I am unable to adjust Brightness, Contract and other output settings. The panel is there but appears to be greyed out!Any one else had this problem? My specs are Win98se-XP1700-ViaKT133 with 512mb and of course this great new card to replace my Voodoo5500.Thanks for your inputBobiowfrom the Isle of WightEngland

I've been trying to find the answer to this one myself.I looked all over and couldn't find any way to adjust the brightness.Surely there must be a way ?Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

ErnieThanks for your reply. Ive just sent an e mail to MSI to try and sort the problem. Ill report back if they come up with anything. Mine was a new install with driver 30.00 from their site working greatexcept this "feature"Bobfrom the Isle of Wight

Hi Bob,Might I suggest you get hold of 'PowerStrip' - a very powerful program that gives you comrehensive control over your graphics card and monitor. Latest version, I believe, is 3.3http://www.entechtaiwan.com/Mike :-wave

Hi MikeThanks for that info, I'll give it a try as MSI have replied to my e mail and said they are not aware of this problem with Ti4200 cardBobform the Isle of Wight

Hi Bob,A friend of mine has told me the solution.The brightness control is there, its just very subtly placed.Go to control panel display /settings / advancedThen select the 'NView tabYou should see a sample display image (normally its the golden gate bridge).Select the 'Device settings' button on the bottom right.A pulldown menu should display, select the 'color correction' menu item.Then you should see the brightness settings on the 'color correction' tab.It worked for me.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest ront1

I really like Powerstrip because it lets you make brightness adjustments on the fly. Very handy!!Ron

I would just like to take a few moments to say a BIG thank you to all you posteees for helping me, during the season of goodwill, with thisG4ti4200 display problem which is now cured thanks to your input!The control WAS hidden in the nview display area. Thanks againBobfrom the Isle of Wight