When starting FS with Ken Salter's Auto Start program the AS weather will not load. I get the scrolling METAR messange ok but no weather. If I start FS normally without going through Auto Start the weather loads ok. Anybody have an idea what could be causing this. I would hate to go through each thing I have selected not to load during auto start just to find what the problem might be. It doesn't matter if I use AS default settings or not - same results. Thanks.Jim

Hi,Everything should work. Are you starting ASv6 first, allowing it to load and process completely, before triggering FS04? It has to be a good 3-4 minute delay.Is ASv6 set to start paused?Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Hi,Yeah, I'm allowing more than enough time for ASv6 to load and process. As I said, it works fine unless I use Auto Start. I have repeated the process many times now and every time it loads and works ok when not using Auto Start, but every single time I use Auto Start, the weather just will not load. The Start Paused block is unchecked.Jim

Hello,I use AutoStart and ASv6 without any problems.FSAutostart starts 1/ FS92/ waiting 10 seconds , ASG 3/ waiting 10 seconds , ASv6 in pause modewhen FS9 is available (airport and cockpit instruments) I set what is needed in FSUIPC, I unpause ASv6, I start FSNAV and all is OK.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hi,Are you having Auto Start shut down any processes? If so, which ones.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Hi,I am having Auto Start shut down many services - mostly I went by the recommendation for each service. There are too many to list here. I'll probably go through and resore each one one by one to see which one is causing the problem. I was just hoping that someone had an answer before I go through that lengthy process.Thanks.Jim

Guest qballbandit

...another version of a followed routine,I start ASV6, download and load my weather, load a route...Shutdown my virus program manually, as Fsautostart can't kill one of the programs...Start up FSautostart to end all XP services, and running processes (except ASv6, of course! :))Let it defrag my memory (on my computer of course :))And it runs fine! I have it set on pause, and it refreshes when I am at the gate ready for my preflight. I wasn't sure from your post, are you trying to have FSautostart actually start ASV6??Good luck!Neil

Hi Neil,Thanks for your reply. I have been doing some experimenting and this is what I have found:First I completely deleted Auto Start and reinstalled. Without changing anything I had the same results.I always start ASv6 (no I don't try to start ASv6 with Auto Start)first and wait for the processing to finish.Then I start FS and wait for the weather to load. If I start FS without using Auto Start, all goes well and the weather loads ok.What I have noticed is that when using Auto Start, when the ASv6 is processing to load the weather into FS, it is writing station data very slowly. For example it took over one and one half hours to go through the weather stations and finally load the weather into FS.If I start FS normally, the station data is written very quickly and the weather then loads. For some reason, Auto Start just slows the whole process down.I can tell this because I moved the AS6v screen to my second monitor so I can watch it.In my original post I stated that the weather would not load into FS when using Auto Start. What I have found is that it will load but will take an extremely long time to do so. I think over an hour is too long. Still stumped.Jim

Hi,I am going to suggest that you try without shutting down any services. It looks like a needed service is not there when ASv6 needs it.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Hi,After I deleted and reinstalled Auto Start, I didn't shut down any services but left everything as is. I even went to msconfig and selected normal startup to ensure that everything was loading.There are numerous services listed in Auto Start that are defaulted to stop but most of them I don't know how to start, or even what a lot of them are, so if it is one of them then I am lost.I am using Auto Start build 11. I even went back and tried with build 8 with the same results.Thanks for your recommendation though.Jim

Guest qballbandit

Hi Jim, I am at work, so pardon me if I am off base - I believe I am running FSAS as version 11.1 or 1.11 - that is with a needed patch! Without the patch, lot's of things acted very, very strangely. And as reference, I run XP Pro SP2 (fully updated) and have everything but the Windows Critical items shutdown. AIsmooth is the only other thing I run along FS9 & ASV6 - from a simming standpoint. Are you sure you have the patch installed????Just thought I would have you double check that.Good luck,Neil :)edit - also, don't try and run FS9 at high priority either from FSAS! Leave it at the default setting....nothing else will get any CPU if you change it!

Hi Neil,I may be a day late and a dollar short on the latest version and patch. I'll check into it. I know I don't have a patch installed.Thanks.Jim