Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

A plea to Microsoft regarding the future of panels

MSFS is a fantastic product, and is made even better by the incredible efforts of third party developers. With the ever-increasing power and (sort of) decreasing costs of personal computers, the ability for the average person to simulate flight and the machines that make it possible is amazing. The future of this hobby/training tool/obsession holds a great deal of promise.However, I have one very great concern with the next version of FS. Hopefully, my fears are unfounded, and all will be well.The logical progression is towards virtual cockpits and 3D panels, and I have nothing against that. They are great to look at, and in a single screen environment have a lot to recommend them. But when it comes to those using multiple monitors, being able to tear apart a 2D panel and have all of the gauges displayed across an array of displays adds a level of fidelity that is almost impossible to turn away from once experienced. Now, whenever I go for a brief flight with a single monitor setup, I feel very short changed in the realism department. So basically, my plea is this:-Progress with 3D panels by all means, but please, please, please either retain 2D panels or have some means for breaking out 3D gauges into user-configurable panels for display on multiple monitors.I realise that multimonitor setups probably aren't in use by the majority of MSFS purchasers, only by a "hardcore" element. However, I am positive that the MSFS hardcore are the heart and soul of the franchise, and are what keeps it so vibrant. I don't think you can ever go wrong by appealing to your most discerning customers. A trickle down will always happen, but a trickle up never will.The next version of MSFS should be amazing. It would be a shame if something seemingly small yet utterly vital was left behind in the rush to the future.

I agree 100% with all that has been said....Cheers

Guest WorkingStiff
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...B;en-us;114491&How to Contact the Microsoft Wish ProgramThis article was previously published under Q114491SUMMARYMicrosoft offers several ways for you to send comments or suggestions about Microsoft products. If you have suggestions for product enhancements that you would like to see in future versions of Microsoft products, please contact us using one of the methods listed later in this article. Let us know how we can improve our products. Product Enhancement suggestions can include: Improvements on existing products.Suggestions for additional features.Ways to make products easier to use.All product enhancement suggestions received become the sole property of Microsoft. Should a suggestion be implemented, Microsoft is under no obligation to provide compensation. World Wide WebTo send a comment or suggestion via the Web, use one of the following methods: In Internet Explorer 6, click Send Feedback on the Help menu and then click the link in the Product Suggestion section of the page that appears.In Windows XP, click Help and Support on the Start menu. Click Send your feedback to Microsoft, and then fill out the Product Suggestion page that appears.Visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/ms.htmClick Microsoft.com Guide in the upper-right corner of the page and then click Contact Us. Click the link in the Product Suggestion section of the page that appears.Visit the following Microsoft Product Feedback Web site http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.aspand then complete and submit the form. E-mailTo send comments or suggestions via e-mail, use the following Microsoft Wish Program e-mail address: mswish@microsoft.com FAXTo send comments or suggestions via FAX, use the following Microsoft FAX number: (425) 936-7329 NOTE: Address the FAX to the attention of the Microsoft Wish Program. US MailTo send comments or suggestions via US Mail, use the following Microsoft mailing address: Microsoft CorporationAttn. Microsoft Wish ProgramOne Microsoft WayRedmond, WA 98052-6399 MORE INFORMATIONEach product suggestion is read by a member of our product feedback team, classified for easy access, and routed to the product or service team to drive Microsoft product and/or service improvements. Because we receive an abundance of suggestions (over 69,000 suggestions a year!) we can't guarantee that each request makes it into a final product or service. But we can tell you that each suggestion has been received and is being reviewed by the team that is most capable of addressing it. All product or service suggestions received become the sole property of Microsoft. Should a suggestion be implemented, Microsoft is under no obligation to provide compensation. Last Reviewed: 10/28/2002 Keywords: KB114491

I actually sent a copy of the message to Tell_FS@microsoft.com.Probably more of a chance of it getting read there.

You are exactly right. I had been thinking the same thing but was unable to put it into words until reading your post. I don't have a multiple screen flight sim at this time but plan to do so but will need Microsoft's cooporation.Robb

I couldn't agree more, however also like to plea for something like 'free choice' next to the multiple monitor argument:I now use Airport2002 just to get a glimpse of what A320PIC will bring us and to say the least: I am not amused nor satisfied!I have a 2.4G machine with plenty of DDR and a GF42600 and stillhave 8fps or less in VC and it looks crap and does not feel natural as some might expect or say.My full support for 2D AND 3D, but pleeeease give us a choice and not like the A320PIC publisher: rub our noses into a "take it or leave it" situation with a potential beautifull aircraft.No, I'm not against progress or change.I want to have a choice here.

I agree for the most part with the above post but I think the 2D cockpit should eventually go away for good. As long as there is support for a multiple monitor setup like what was mentioned above, 2Ds should go. We have to move forward and get the VC's closer to the level of what the guys were doing for FLY. We should be posting emails to MicroSoft to take notes from the developers of FLY instead of trying to hold on to dated technology. MicroSoft, move forward with your development of the Virtual Cockpit but don't forget about the hardcore users out there that use multiple monitors...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2