Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

DF734 FMC users...Need Help With FIX Page...

Guest abent

I've read and posted at the DF Forum but as of yet cannot figure out how to actually create a FIX and apply it to my flight plan. I received RC v.3 yesterday and am getting ready to try a holding pattern, but I must first know how to create a fix at say 40nm before or after a vor and set the headings etc. I can enter a waypoint (in this case a vor) and then type stuff like 118/40 into LSK1, but I really don't know what that means or where to go from there. I assumed it was bearing/hold distance. I don't understand the radius/dst stuff at all. Very confused! *:-*I would REALLY appreciate some guidance.Thanks, and Happy Holidays, Adam

On the fix page, first type in the the vor or ndb you are using for the fix. Now go up and click next to fix, the name will appear in that spot.Now go and type in heading from the vor/ndb and distance in the heading/distance, format click that in the second spot. The numbers will appear. Now click the second spot where the numbers are again. This produces a newly named waypoint below, something like the-fix-numbers 01. That is your fix. Go to the legs page and click it in where it goes. It will now add to the legs page, with a blank below it, which you must now close up by clicking the next waypoint. Execute to finish.I hope this is clear to you.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest abent

It's very clear Lee. I will try it tonight. I thank you heartily!Adam

Guest abent

Thanks Lee...It worked just fine in the FMC. I set a hold at this new fix. Now I need to try it in FS and see if it will actually exectute the hold.Adam