Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

NavLog Updates On Long Hauls

Hi Jim & Damien,FWIW, I've really been enjoying ASv6, especially with my new NV 7900GT video card. 512x512/32 bit clouds and complex sunrise/sunsets look friggin outstanding. Anyway, about the subject, am I correct in assuming that once a flightplan is processed, the Navlog does not get updated with each subsequent data pull from the ASv6 servers? While enjoying the PMDG 747, I'm finding that the NavLog data becomes really outdated by the time I begin my decent, usually some 9 to 12 hours later. I need more accurate data to complete my VNAV decent and approach wind calculations.If I am correct in this assumption, would it be possible to add some sort of "Update" button to the Navlog interface to have it populate with the most current data? I know I could probably re-process/submit the same flightplan again, but that may have consequences on other running apps like FlightSim Flight Keeper and Radar contact.Thanks again for a wonderful application and I can't wait to see what you guys can do for FSXregards,AL | KCHS - Charleston AFB/Intl | Home of the USAF 437AW (~53 C-17's)-------------------------------------------------------------Game Rig:AMD64-4000+ SanDiego OC=220/440/2640 | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | Corsair TwinX2048-3200C2PT (2x1GB) 2.5-3-3-8/1T@2.8v | Evga NV 7900GT v84.56 (No OC yet)| Thermalright XP-120(mm) HSF | NV LAN@1GB | NV (SATA-I spec) Raid-0 223GB (3x80GB Samsung) (WinXPx64/Games) | NV (SATA-II spec) WD 320GB (Backups) | IDE-0 80GB Samsung (Archive) | Realtek AC'97 5.1 Surround | CH Yoke, TQ, & Pedals | FS9.1 | WideFS Server | FSUIPC v3.6 | FSGenesis Mesh (All) | PMDG (All) | PAI (All) | FSBuild2 | Etc...FS9 Support Rig:AMD3200+ | Gigabyte GA-7NNXP | Leadtek NV 5900 | Corsair TwinX1024-3200 (2x512MB) | Intel LAN@1GB | SiI3112 SATA-I 80GB Samsung | IDE-0 80GB IBM | JustCom 4port KVM | FS Wide Client | ActiveSky v6 | Radar Contact v4 | FS Real Time | FS Flight Keeper | FS Commander | AI Smooth

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi,Long time since you posted here!! Glad you are enjoying ASv6.You are correct in that, right now, you would need to re-process the plan.Tell you what: we are looking for suggestions for AS Next so please send this idea to tell-us@hifisim.com. Either a refresh button or an automatic update of the plan.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Thanks Jim, I certainly will do as you suggest, right now as a matter of fact. As for posting, yea, I'm one of those guys that prefers to do much more reading than posting. I do paruse the major Avsim boards several times a day.AL | KCHS - Charleston AFB/Intl | USAF 437AW (~53 C-17's)FS9/Game Rig:AMD64-4000+ SanDiego OC=210/420/2520 | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | Corsair TwinX2048-3200C2PT (2x1GB) 2.5-3-3-8/1T@2.8v | Evga NV 7900GT v84.56 (1280x1024x32/4xAA/16xAF/High-Quality) | Enermax 550W PSU | Thermalright XP-120(mm) HSF | NV 1GB LAN | NV SATA-I Raid-0 223GB (3x80GB Samsung) (WinXPx64/Games) | NV SATA-II WD 320GB (Backups) | IDE-0 80GB Samsung (Archive) | Realtek AC'97 5.1 Surround | CH Yoke, TQ, & Pedals | FS9.1 (Settings max'd/60-40Vis/No-Shadows/20FPS) | WideFS v6.16 | FSUIPC v3.617 | FSGenesis Mesh (All) | PMDG (All) | PAI (All) | FSBuild2 | Etc...FS9 Support Rig:AMD3200+ | Gigabyte GA-7NNXP | Leadtek NV 5900 | Corsair TwinX1024-3200 (2x512MB) | Intel 1GB LAN | SiI3112 SATA-I 80GB Samsung | IDE-0 80GB IBM | JustCom 4port KVM | FS Wide Client | ActiveSky v6 (512x512x32bit / Wx Influanced)| Radar Contact v4.01 | FS Real Time | FS Flight Keeper | FS Commander | AI Smooth

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

For the thread record, the following suggestions were sent to HiFiSim via e-mail. It included a second suggestion to somehow be able to see the NavLog data from within FS9 itself as well."Hi Jim & Damien,I had a suggestion on the AS Avsim boards last night that Jim thought I should send via e-mail. The topic thread can be found here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=28001Anyway, basically I'd there to be a way to update the NavLog applet in ASv6. In particular, this would be beneficial with my long-haul flights in the PMDG 747. The best scenario would be to have both a manual "Update" button on the NavLog applet itself and an option in the ASv6 "Options" window that would allow me to enable or disable automatic updates of the NavLog applet with each data pull from the ASv6 servers. Another suggestion, probably more beneficial to us WideFS users, would be some way to read the NavLog data or applet from within FS9 itself. The problem is, when filling out all the wind-data on the FMC for each waypoint, or on the FMC decent-page, especially enroute, we WideFS users have to flip windows, or in my case, computer screens to see the ASv6 NavLog applet. Or, write it all down by hand and then transcribe the data into the FMC. If there could be some way to assign a FSUIPC Hot-key sequence to popup a rudimentary ASv6 NavLog window from within FS9, that would be very cool, especially if it's been automatically updated with the suggestion above. Didn't Pete Downson recently mention something about now being able to copy data-files across a WideFS connection? Perhaps this feature could help in some way.Thanks again for some of the best support in the business.v/r,"AL | KCHS - Charleston AFB/Intl | USAF 437AW (~53 C-17's)FS9/Game Rig:AMD64-4000+ SanDiego OC=210/420/2520 | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | Corsair TwinX2048-3200C2PT (2x1GB) 2.5-3-3-8/1T@2.8v | Evga NV 7900GT v84.56 (1280x1024x32/4xAA/16xAF/High-Quality) | Enermax 550W PSU | Thermalright XP-120(mm) HSF | NV 1GB LAN | NV SATA-I Raid-0 223GB (3x80GB Samsung) (WinXPx64/Games) | NV SATA-II WD 320GB (Backups) | IDE-0 80GB Samsung (Archive) | Realtek AC'97 5.1 Surround | CH Yoke, TQ, & Pedals | FS9.1 (Settings max'd/60-40Vis/No-Shadows/20FPS) | WideFS v6.16 | FSUIPC v3.617 | FSGenesis Mesh (All) | PMDG (All) | PAI (All) | FSBuild2 | Etc...FS9 Support Rig:AMD3200+ | Gigabyte GA-7NNXP | Leadtek NV 5900 | Corsair TwinX1024-3200 (2x512MB) | Intel 1GB LAN | SiI3112 SATA-I 80GB Samsung | IDE-0 80GB IBM | JustCom 4port KVM | FS Wide Client | ActiveSky v6 (512x512x32bit / Wx Influanced)| Radar Contact v4.01 | FS Real Time | FS Flight Keeper | FS Commander | AI Smooth

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest rds_mcleod

>Tell you what: we are looking for suggestions for AS Next so>please send this idea to tell-us@hifisim.com. Either a refresh>button or an automatic update of the plan.JimI was under the impression that 'refresh' went out and did exactly that by uploading the enroute stations while one was enroute? No? :(Ron - CYEG

Hi Ron,In ASv6 itself, yes. But the NavLog does not update unless you import and procees the plan again. We are saying wouldn't be cool if the Nav Log also updated when ASv6 did! This really affects those long fliers where the weather can change dramatically in 8-10 hours.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Guest rds_mcleod

>Hi Ron,>>In ASv6 itself, yes. But the NavLog does not update unless you>import and procees the plan again. We are saying wouldn't be>cool if the Nav Log also updated when ASv6 did! This really>affects those long fliers where the weather can change>dramatically in 8-10 hours.Thanks, Jim. I thought ASv updated the WX as your flew through the route and changed as the flight advanced. I don't refer to the log once I'm enroute, and my impression was that like a WX briefing in real life, you know things are going to change as you move through the various systems. And you're right, that would be cool if the route reflected those changes. MMMmmm, Good! Ron_CYEGhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Hi Ron,Yes the weather is updated, just not the report!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter