Sign in to follow this  

Strange Blackhole over Uk today (pic) any ideas?

Peter I've modeled up some clouds for you in Maya unlimited to show you what hopefully one day we can have in Flightsim it's an mpeg file about 1.3 meg. If you want to see it just email me. BTW are there any cooling towers for nuclear power plants in that area?. Would it be near Mayfield?(south of EGKK) Dan(Oh great post as usual!!)

JohnA possibility ! this would account for the ridge which wasnt visible through the naked eye in the depression in the real cloud.But not totally convinced as I normally see screen reflections quite clearly and its amazing that it fitted the natural indentation so perfectly.Oh well they talk of C rop Circles maybe this has started P rop Circles.Planes will be circling around and around in the cloud tops at dead of night carving out no end of patterns :-)Peter

Dan Would love to see these Maya clouds so please do E mail to me.No this was taken North of BCN Vor with the Brecon Mountains belowPeter

Dan I took this the evening before the indentation pic while returning from another location, makes a nice model for Mayo Peter

Peter I no longer have you email just email me with yours and I will of course get back to you. Now it's been 10 yrs since I've flown over the U.K is Brecon Vor on the Devon coast? Dan Dan

Guest Squitters

Hi Peter,Could this have been caused be a unusal local wind pattern created by the wind moving across the Breacons, I have a pic in a wx book which shows a simular cloud from the ground, a very 'defined' edge, not a complete hole tho, U shaped in this pic. It states ' the Chinook, a famous downslope wind that occurs in North America has caused this unusual cloud formation '. ? Cheers,Squitters.

SquittersI would go with that as on the return at around 10,000 feet I Hit a very bad patch of clear air turbulence in almost the same location but this time the clouds had moved away.The only thing against this is the fact that the winds werent strong in this area and I still feel the effect was caused from above rather than terrain generatedPeter