Sign in to follow this  

DF737 lights

I'm thinking about getting this addon. Most of the opinions seem positive about it. I haven't seen any screen shots with the lighting on. Since this is based on a FS2000 design, does it have the foo fighter light balloons on the wings, :) or has it been upgraded to FS2002 lighting?Thanks.

I did a quick research. Here's two screen shots with the landing lights on. I assumed you meant the landing lights in your post!The first one is the Dreamfleet model. And the second one is the default 737-400 with SAS textures and modified aircraft.cfg.The DF model is slightly heavier on the frame rates and is not created with gMax, which means you can't see the beams from the landing lights from the 2D flight deck. The default 737 is gMax and thus you have your way enlightened even from 2D flight deck. It is also very FPS friendly.Hope it helps...EDIT: BTW. You really buy DF for the panel! ;-) You can always merge it with some other aircraft model!

Thanks Mats. I was mainly wondering about the nav lights and the way some converted FS2000 planes have the huge red and green baloons on the wingtips. The DF looks OK though. I may pick it up. :)

Oh ok! Well then. Here's the nav lights :-)And you should! Pick it up I mean! It's a wonderful piece of s/w

Jerry:The aircraft is o.k., but the cockpit panel is incredible. I know you were originally wondering about the lights...One thing you need to know, the exterior wingtip lights are not properly positioned when you view them through the "pax. cabin view". Its not a big thing, there is probably a fix for it at the DF forum. And, unrelated to your original post, there are a couple of "lights" switches that function backwards. Other than that, the FS2002 lights on the plane are all there. Good Luck!Fausto (happycapt)

FaustoI didn't have a clue about those misaligned wingtip lights! :-eekBut then again I am not much of a back seat driver! ;-)Have to check that out next time I fly jump seat! lolSeasons greetings