Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

Supersonic flight

I got the Blackbird SR 71 which according to the manual says can fly at MAch 5.But I can never go above Mach 1.83.Any help would be appreciatedThanks JK

well , its been a long time, but I can remember some of it.The blackbird will fly at mach 3.2 at 80,000 ft or thereabouts.It needs to be at very high altitudes to fly this fast.. at least 70,000 ft.there can be some oscilation at maximum speed due to the auto throttle being over sensitive and causing the nose to pitch up and down. Even the smallest cahnge in attitude at this speed is greatly exagerated.It obviously takes quite a long time to get up there, but as it has so much power a 4000ft/min climb is not impossible. well.. I'll leave it here, for now.My first flight in the blackbird was initally going to be from Edwards AB to KSEA... I ended up in Anchorage.... ahem...:-)Pete

Thanks I'll try that-Are there afterburners on all supersonic FS aircraft and do i need to shift fuel?