Sign in to follow this  

Airport Diagrams/Approach Plates Utility..

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

I am just wondering if people would like a nice little utility that can run either on the FS2002 PC or a remote one which will allow you to view Approach Plates & Airport Diagrams (Controlled Fields) while in flight. What I will have is the ability to have it automatically show you the Airport Diagram for the current airport while you are on the ground so you don't need progressive taxi and in flight have it automatically show you approach plate options such as GPS, ILS, NDB, etc.. for the closest airport to your current location. You will also be able to manually look up any airports as well as zoom in / rotate and print out as well as work with Flight Plan Files. I have been working on such a tool and have NACO data for all US airports and hope to have a working model sometime within the holiday period. If there is any non-American friends who could let me know of a good source for this data so that I can include other parts of the world that would be great. I am also making it so that you can add plates and it will index them automatically!Look for Final Approach soon if demand warrants it otherwise I will continue to Christmas shop for my girlfriend... :-eek

Guest RonB49

Yes. I seem to recall that there was a program called "Final Approach" for FS 5, was it yours? R-

I would love a program like that. It would really fill a gap.Consider using a different name, as there is already a program called Final Approach by Georges Lorsche.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

It is now being renamed to an unknown name at the moment.Geof - I may eventually go that direction with an indication on glide slope and heading.Ron - Sorry, that was not my work for FS5.Thanks for the input so far.Will keep you informed of progress.

Guest RonB49

Thanks Howard for refreshing my memory. I'm embarrassed that I Forgot it was the work of Georges Lorsche. R-

Wow! I would love something like that. I currently use Sim Charts 2, but there is no way to add charts to their viewer.Will this be free? And how long until we can get our hands on it? :)Jason