Sign in to follow this  

O.k. I'm sorry about the ranting.

I didn't read the "censorship" thread you posted...my fault and I hope you accept my apologies.I now understand that the avsim.com forums are not the place to rant. It will never happen again and I didn't mean to offend anyone. Just one thing, how do I post a complaint without it being considered "ranting"? I don't know how, which is why I ask. If I can make my point across, politely, I most definitely will. As for the "comprehension" issue, I didn't mean for it to come out like that..maybe a little frustration? But no excuse.Fausto (happycapt)

You blew it..............You listed DF as a payware company to avoid with the likes of Papa Tango and Captain Sim. You even went as far as saying "unsuspecting people should read your post before having to go through what you went through".After dealing with PC flight simulations since there invention, I can say without doubt, that Dreamfleet has been one of the most advanced and credible companies in the world of flight simulation. Both with freeware and payware products. Their ALWAYS at the cutting edge, and deal with MOST customers with EXTREME satisfaction. They're are always a few that can't be satifisfied no matter what! Usually a case of lousey hardware, or have no inkling how to fly an actual aircraft. Or an extreme case of expecting a "cheap" sim to do exactly as real!!! In your "rant" you didn'y list your specific problem. Personally, I don't think the original posting should have even been left on this forum. I'd even consider it as "slander". You're one of the few, out of thousands who is "un-happy", but yet you're going to warn all new and un-suspecting customers....I've never delt with Papa Tango, nor Captain Sim, but have heard of some of the problems. When it comes to Dreamfleet, they have a very good following because their products ARE very worthwhile, and crafted with a lot of inventive thought!Think about what you've said, and perhaps re-phrase.....L.Adamson

Before beginning to type, close your eyes and imagine that you are talking to someone face to face. Consider closely the inflection of your words, and how they may be interpreted in type. Now consider that whatever you say will be "heard" by thousands of folks, a large number of them children. Consider that what you say, AND HOW YOU SAY IT, may be setting an example for others, including those children. Consider that as you speak to this imaginary person that a whole world is listening in; people with diverse religions, politics, morals, opinions, needs and maturity.Consider that you have a 50/50 chance of embarrassing yourself before the entire world. Weigh your words carefully, and don't think twice, but three times before you post your complaint (or whatever).Welcome to the world wide community of flight simulation. :)

'Rant' could be more tolerable if it was factually correct. But I agree with Larry - DF is a fine outfit and you can judge it also by the amount of dissenting views they tolerate on their forum. No pre-screening of posts and I hardly ever remember threads being removed there.Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Fausto,I did not read your post concerning DF, but it seems as though you might benefit from a previous post of mine:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID8While I'm sure that the old post is not completely pertinent to your issue, I would suggest that the overall message concerning our interaction with each other is.Cheers,Roger