Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Embarrassing question to ask

How do I set MS to start in a cold & dark cockpit as my default session?I've searched the menu options and FS Help to no avail.Thanks in advace, Bob L

Hi BobI may be out of line here but as far as I know you have to set up your aircraft as cold and dark you like and then save the flight remembering to check the "Make this the default flight"-box.Some add-ons though (read DreamFleet 737-400) has the option of setting the cabin dark and cold without saving a flight.One thing to keep in mind though. If you load your default flight and change aircraft to something without all the bat/gen/elec switches necessary, you could end up in a dead end! ;-)Hope it helps

Hi BobI think that all you need to do is place your plane where you need it, shut everything down and save it as your default flight. I believe that whatever plane you select would then start up with what you're asking for.Dave

Simply, put yourself in the situation you want and hit the semicolon key. Name it and select save as default. You'll always launch into that mode.

Bear in mind that FS2002 doesn't like to start with too complicated an aircraft, as it has to do a great deal when it first starts.My advice would be to save your chosen plane in the cold & dark state, but don't make it the default. Launch FS2002 as normal (preferably with a default plane, as this minimises any problems) then once its settled down you can load your saved flight and start from there.Alastair