Hi Everyone!Now that the NDA for FSX beta has been lifted, we are free to let everyone know what the situtation is between ASv6 and FSX.In short, things are already working with ASv6 SU5 and FSX Beta 3+ coupled with FSUIPC 4 beta.Note that this does not include the original FSX Beta 3 (non updated to "3+"). So those who have FSX Beta may or may not have access to this "3+" update, depending on which Beta program you are in.The great news here is that by all indications ASv6 will be compatible with FSX upon release. FSUIPC 4 will be required.There are some limitations, as always with new version of FS, but we are already working hard to circumvent as many limitations as possible and provide proper FSX recognition and support within an expected ASv6.5 upgrade. This upgrade will be free of charge to all ASv6 customers!As for ActiveRadar and ASGraphics... These are not compatible with FSX. We are actively working on replacement solutions that will take full advantage of new FSX capabilities, and they will most likely be offered as optional components separate from the base weather engine.We are very excited about the pending FSX launch and are commited to taking full advantage of new FSX capabilities while providing great new features to enhance your weather environment. ASv6.5 will be the first step with many more continuous upgrades to follow. For now, we are extremely pleased to confirm to our users that the best weather engine add-on for FS will be compatible with FS9 AND FSX (and beyond!), and their existing purchase of ASv6 entitles them to the expected 6.5 upgrade absolutely free of cost.We'll be posting more information as it becomes available both here and on our website.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Psychopsilo420

Simply love you guys.Justin

Thanks for the update guys Absolutely outstanding NEWS !!!!! Just Got TrackIR4 today and dud a Trial LD767 Flight. Any Idea on how GE PRo with ASV6 will interface with FSX.Now all I need is the cockpit off an old 737 and I'll be set. Well after I get the addition built off the back for it.Keep up the great work you guys.

Is this "FSUIPC 4" already released? How does FSUIPC compare to using Microsoft's FSConnect interface? What advantages does keeping the FSUIPC interface have vs. using FSConnect?RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Let me add my thanks and appreciation for the attention and hard work of you and the AS team. Bill

Hi,FSUIPC 4 is in beta, check the FSUIPC site for more info about all this... http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html."SimConnect" is used by FSUIPC to read/write most variables. We will eventually be using SimConnect directly but not planned for ASv6.5.As for the advantage of FSUIPC, it allows most of your FS9 external add-ons to work in FSX, and has some nice other features including some features outside of SimConnect ability (such as with AI traffic). Best,

Damian Clark

Nice to hear that AS will be compatable. But I have a lot of money invested in scenery, mesh etc. I have no plans to switch over to the next version of FS any time soon!!Up the Irons!!

Hi.Will ActiveSky 6.5 still be compatible with FS 9 ? If not, will we have a way to keep AS6 for FS9 and install AS6.5 for FS X ?

Damian,Quick question:I never upgraded from AS4.5 and was seriosuly thinking about AS6 over the last few weeks. Do you have AS7 in the works or is AS6.5 the only offering in the near / mid future? If so, I may hold off until this is released.Thanks,Glenn

Guest rds_mcleod

>Damian,>>Quick question:>>I never upgraded from AS4.5 and was seriosuly thinking about>AS6 over the last few weeks. Do you have AS7 in the works or>is AS6.5 the only offering in the near / mid future? If so, I>may hold off until this is released.Glenn:I see you're running Dual Core, or is that the Dual 2 Core? Also, you've teamed that with DDR2. I'm contemplating the same upgrade on my FS system and just wanted to know your impressions? Apparently Quad 4 is to be released within a few months. Typical (INTEL planning). ;DI was lucky enough to get a copy of FSX here on Saturday and the new graphics need as much ooomph! as one can afford to provide.P.S. Highly recommend you upgrade the ASky software.~`Ron CYEG

Hi everyone,Just a quick update....We've officially started internal beta on v6.5. We'll give it a good shake and make sure she's solid for public release. Hopefully this won't take long but we can't speculate on the exact date of release until it's confirmed ready. It shouldn't be too long now!Thanks everyone for your patience and support!Best,

Damian Clark

Thanks for the update Damian,Don't think we customers could ask for much more.BTW, I know it's unofficial but using ASv6 with FSUIPC4 on a WideFS7 setup, I have a steady 25 FPS (locked) at non-detailed airports. When ASv6 updates FSX across WideFS7 connection, I'm seeing the FPS nose-dive to a steady 7 FPS. When the update is finished, FSX immediatly retruns to 25. Please keep an eye out for this during your beta testing as it is quite noticeable even with update throttle turned on.Also, I noticed that when update FS9 plan is checked in the ASv6 options, the plan is no longer useable in FSX or RCv4.3 Beta. At least I think that's what happened twice so far.Good luck with the test-cycle.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Damian -I was holding off on getting Active Sky until you had a versionspecifically for FSX but I have a few questions.1) How long will it be before you have 'AS7'?2) How much will the new ASGraphics (for AS7) cost?3) If I buy AS6.5, will I also have to buy FSUIPC?4) Are ASGraphics for AS6.5 included or do I buy them seperately?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.