Sign in to follow this  

Help, Need to remove static planes form german airports

HiI recently got the German airports series scenery, and i find them spectacular exept for the static and dynamic planes that appear at the airports. I don't find any info on how to remove them(if possible) so i was wondering if anyone here has any idea on how to do that.Thanks in advanceHenrique

You're in luck ! Torsten Wille has recently released a little utility that does just that:Category: FS2002 UtilitiesFS98/2000/2002 3D Object Remover File Description:FS98/2000/2002 3D Object Remover V1.0. This is a utility that removes objects like static aircraft from a given bgl-File. You enter a texture mask (i.e. .0af or b747) and all objects that contain such a texture will be removed. Entering a complete texture name will get rid of special single objects, using a less specific mask can delete all static aircrafts. ®Filename: remover10.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 7th December 2002 Downloads: 714 Author: Torsten Wille Size: 127kbCheers,Alastair

At most airports removing statics is pretty simple. E.g. EDDF and EDDM the file is called something obvious like EDDF_stat.bgl. Just move it to a backup folder or delete it. It's only at a handful of airports that you'd have to use the tool, such as EDDK and EDDN, where the statrics are coded into the same file with some airport buildings and/or runways. I haven't had any luck with that tool though myself.Misha

Guest Stamatis

" It's only at a handful of airports that you'd have to use the tool, such as EDDK and EDDN, where the statrics are coded into the same file with some airport buildings and/or runways."Yes indeed. I recently contacted the developers asking for such removal instructions for these "special" cases and they promised they would look into it once GA4 is released.I guess it would help if we all asked them :-)Stamatis

Thanks for all this help!I downloaded that tool you mentioned but it looks pretty complicated! Or at least it takes some time to do it. I removed all the *stat*.bgl files but i still see static planes around there. Anyway i'll keep trying and inform you if i get any good results.Henrique