Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

ActiveSky Version 6.5 with FSX Support Released!

Hi John,It shows no connection attempt by ASv6.5. You sure you loaded ASv6.5 and it connected during this logging period?Also please upgrade to FSUIPC 4.02 just released, just to make sure it's not something already resolved.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest CAL150

Hi Damian,I am sure I was but just to make sure, I went back and did it again. I have the registered version of FSUIPC 4.02, which I downloaded earlier today, but after I sent my first post, from a link Peter provided in one of his announcements.Here is the log file:********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.02 by Pete Dowson *********User Name="John Patterson"User Addr="blocked out"FSUIPC Key is providedWIDEFS not user registered, or expiredRunning inside FSXModule base=61000000LogOptions=00000001DebugStatus=15 187 System time = 19:14:02 203 FLT UNC path = "JOHNmydocumentsFlight Simulator X Files" 203 FS UNC path = "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X" 3750 SimConnect_Open succeeded: proceeding to initialise interface! 3750 FSUIPC Menu entry added 6828 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.60905.0 (SimConnect: 2.0.60905.0) 7828 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 12187 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 36734 C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XAircraftCarenado Cessna 206Caren206.AIR 36734 C:Documents and SettingsJohn PattersonMy DocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesStart.FLT 65953 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 72015 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 78281 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 84719 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 91406 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 98515 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 105187 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 113875 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 120703 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 126844 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 137125 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 145281 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 153437 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 162797 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 170703 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 178734 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 186844 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 196984 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 204922 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 213422 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 221922 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 227969 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 234015 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 240109 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 246187 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 252453 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 261844 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY" 272625 System time = 19:18:34 272625 *** FSUIPC log file being closedMemory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********The header on the AS window says, "ASv6.5 FS - Active". The weather is for the default station of KSEA even though I am sitting at KDFW.Thank you for your patience, Damian.John

Hi John,Please see the other thread, it has something to do with FS ready status changes in FSUIPC v4/FSX. Try default AS options and/or toggling the "ignore FS location until ready" option. Also make sure you are not starting paused. We are investigating this in more detail now and will have more information soon.Thank YOU for your patience!Best,

Damian Clark

With this latest version of ActiveSky, can I use ActiveSky Graphics to change the cloud resolutions in FSX?

Hi,Clouds can be used, but we are not recommending this. Sky textures are not compatible. You cannot set the path to FSX in ASG.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Guest CAL150

Hi Damian,I'll check that thread. I noticed there are two threads running and it makes sense to just use one. I'll try your suggestions and report back. Thank you.John

Hi,To clarify, we have another graphics solution in the works for FSX and yes you'll be able to easily change resolution. For now ASG is not compatible with FSX for various technical reasons.As for "the new AS" Jim meant to say "the new graphics solution". We always have new AS technology in the works but we are pretty confident future versions of "ActiveSky" will focus on weather generation only. Graphics solutions will be optional separate components...Best,

Damian Clark

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Hello, I am still a user of FS9 till I see there are some major changes in the weather such as icing and severe t-storms. That would chew a C-172 up and spit it out or make you aerobatics trained real fast :). Please take note I am just sharing this opinion because I do have a question that follows. Is it looking prominent for FSX to have a lean towards them weather conditions? After all besides a flight plan you always have to step into the FBO and get a peak at the weather on you're route of flight. And anyone in the right mind would not fly a C-172 smack dab in the middle of a serious Cumulo-nimbus towering dang near to FL500. Love ActiveSky been using it for awhile now. Just wondering if there are gonna be much for advances in FSX besides eye candy which I have about $500.00 of add-on's on FS9 to pretty much take care of all that. Cautiously sitting back until some dust settles. (grin). Thanks, Josh

Hi Josh,"Just wondering if there are gonna be much for advances in FSX besides eye candy"In short, YES. :) It will take a bit of time, but we are working on such things..Best,

Damian Clark

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Howdy, Roger that!!! I am anxiously anticipating what is gonna be in store. I know Active Sky will push the new FSX to it's max potential. Take Care, Josh

Guest chalbers

>Try installing with Antivirus software turned off. There's a>heap of stuff in the MS Knowledge Base and on the net about>this error number and AV seems to be the culprit in a lot>cases.All is fixed ! :)I downloaded it with another computer, and that worked. Somehow the one I was downloading in my computer kept a corrupted version in it's buffer. Even re-loading it didn't work. But now it all works fine !Frank