Sign in to follow this  

Help with monitor / video card refresh rate

HiI have the following problem:I installed a new system using WinXP.I installed the new 40.xx drivers from NVIDIA for my Geforce 2MX400 and the Monitor drivers for my Sony monitor.FS2K2 runs perfect in the window mode, but as soon as I switch to fullscreen the monitor refresh rate drops to 60hz.Some other games are fully unplayable, as the monitor keeps lack when switched to fullscreen.Did I missed to install some drivers? I'm using a VIA mainboard, everything worked perfect with my old System (Win98). Did I missed to install some VXD graphic drivers??Or is there any "Monitor Hz refresh rate tool" that always keeps the rate at 85Hz and prevents it from droping?Any help is highly appreciated?regards, thanks & happy holidaysMario

Guest gasebah

As far as I know it is a problem with Nividia cards XP. If your start an directX application the the refresh rate is set back to XP default. The newer driver have a built in refresh rate fix that enables you to fix the refresh rate for different resolutions. You should find that under the advanced settings tab. I guess it is available from 40.72 up. Another possibility is to get one of the many refresh rate tools from www.guru3d.com.Alex

Thanks a lot!! That's what should solve my problem. I encountered the switches in the display setting, but they didn't work.Will instantly install one of these refresh tools. Perfect! :-)Thanks!!Mario