Sign in to follow this  

Stuttering with ATC voices

Guest Jack

Andy,I have same problem plus interrupted transmissions AC to ATC and vice-versa, i.e.: the last few words of each transmission are cut off by the following transmission. Also, the scrolling copy for current message disappears immediately when interrupted, replaced by the interrupting message scroll.I believe problem was started by a Voice Recognition program that I pushed too far and subsequently removed.It would certainly be appreciated if anyone could let us know what files or maybe .dll's or .Cab's to replace to fix the problems!My soundcard is a Soundblaster 16.Thanks in advance,JackD

Same here. I would like to resolve this issue. I bought this card (Audigy Gamer) because my ole' Creative Soundblaster PCI128 was doing the same. I tried lowering the sound acceleration in DXIAG and the lil' applet floating around too - no luck buckaroo. If someone can help us fix this, I would consider it a very nice Christmas present :)JasonMy best Christmas present ..... my family.

Jason and Andy:I recently wrestled with the same problem, which in my case was apparently caused by a Javascript virus. It got so bad that it would eventually bog down my entire system resources, necessitating a reboot, which would temporarily restore system resources though the stuttering in FS 2002 ATC remained. After successfully removing the offending virus, the problem is gone. So do a COMPLETE virus scan of your system and make sure that isn't causing the problem for you. The other possibility offered by people in the forums here was one where the sound card acceleration is being reset to HIGH ACCELERATION after system defragmentation was performed. The way to fix this is to access the DIRECT X parameters through the dxdiag module found in the system files. Look for the yellow and black circle icon in the system folder, double click to open and navigate to the sound card tab. Reset the SOUND ACCELERATION to BASIC and exit. Good Luck.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Does it happen all the time or only when, for example flying through heavy clouds?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I think you will only find that this occurs if you have the 4X NVIDA drivers detonator series, I have gone back to the 3X detonator series and the stuttering has gone.But I would like to raise the question - is there anyone using the 4X series of detonator drivers and NOT getting ATC stuttering, and if not do you know how you eliminated it?NigelVancouverMy System:AMD Athlon XP 2100+ Gigabyte GA 7VAX mobo Albatron GEForce4 Ti 4200P Turbo128MB video card (31.40drv)512MB Samsung PC2100DDR RAMIBM 40GB 7200rpm hard driveMaxtor 20GB 7200rpm hard driveCreative Sound Blaster PCI128 with latest driversCHProducts PCI yoke and pedalsWindows 98FE updatedTwo case fans

Guest Mirage

It happens only when an ATC voice is activated. If I close ATC, flying is very very smooth. I have to tell you that it is a newly received system. I had P3 800 Mhz and now I have P4 2.6 Ghz. I only had it for 5 days so far. I don't know, maybe it's my rush to install everything, so I could have FS2002 again :-) I guess I will format the 2 hard discs and install everything with the right order. (60 GB HD for the main system and 40GB HD for FS2002. Damn, I have 10GB of FS2002 data to install. :-( http://flightcraft.avsim.net/Images/andy_sig.jpg

Guest mberg

With Win98 SE GForce 4, nvidia driver 40.71, I got the stutters--went back to 29.42 and stutters went away--could be your video driver rather than sound coupled with having the correct directX (8.1) installed

I had the exact same problem and like two of the posters it was because of my Nvida 40.x drivers. I went back to 30.82 and the problem went away.