Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Cessna autopilot

Hi.I wonder how to set hdg hold on cessna 172 autopilot.Where do I put the hdg degrees?I also wonder how to put course heading for nav1 navigation.Thanks.

Guest Sabadin

HDG hold is adjusted using the orange heading bug on the HSI.

Easy. Turn the knob on the directional indicator so the heading bug is at the heading you want. Turn on the Ap and select HDG.Same for the Nav1. Turn the knob until you have the radial you want to track and select NAV on the AP.

About the nav, I meant for ILS approach.About the hdg, how can I see what is the heading on the indicator? How can I see if it is 335 or 336? How can I have it exactly?Thanks.

I don't think you can see an exact setting on the default planes. Some, like the Dreamfleet payware will give you a readout if you select it.

Guest UweR

Hi, in the real world or if you are using real world weather it isn

Well, if I am on ILS approach, I must set exact course heading in order to get the middle on the rwy, no?

If you have FSNav, it shows you and allows you to change the headings/OBS to an accurate degree. Other than that, I'm afraid you are never going to nail an exact course for ILS approaches, but you should be able to get within a degree or two and by the time you get to Decision Height you will be more or less on target.

Guest UweR

Hi, forgot the question about the course setting: In MSFS you can cheat a bit with the mouse by counting the clicks starting from one of the 5

Well, I didn't thought about FSNav. Of course I have it. Thanks.By the way, about the ILS approach with APR hold, how can I make sure the airplane will be landed on the runway and not before it?(Sorry for the starter questions).Thanks.

Guest UweR

Hi, you constantly have to monitor your glideslope indicator and have to make sure you have a suitable approach speed. If you approach in the default Cessna 172 with only 70 knots without flaps, you are likely to aim your approach short of the runway. The same goes for approaches in the jets if you were too heavy.Be aware of the readings of your instruments all of the time and not much can go wrong.Regards, UweEdit: A remark regarding FS Navigator: You shouldn

This is one of the biggest questions that is asked and also seems to be one of the huger misconceptions.An ils approach does not automatically equal autoland.The most common ils approach (cat I)will take you to a Decision height-which is usually 200 ft. above the runway and about .4 to .5 miles from the runway threshold. At that point-you have to take control and land if you can see the runway or execute a missed approach if you can't.I would suggest you read up here-it is a good quick source:http://www.allstar.fiu.edu/aero/ILS.htmhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog3.gif