Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Four misc. questions

I have four, totally unrelated questions about FS2002 so I thought I'd just post them all in this one thread.1. In Flight Unlimited III, there's an excellent weather generator. I have included a screencap of it.It allows you to just drag a slider to select how severe you want the weather to be, and you can also select season, time of day and even the moon phase. Hitting Generate would then generate a complete weather system with moving fronts and a great variation of clouds.Is there a similar thing for FS2002? I usually just use the Real-World weather feature, but now it's winter in the parts where I usually fly, and I prefer to fly during the summer, so the real-world weather isn't want I want it to be. I find that setting up a complete weather system from within FS2002 takes too much time (don't want to spend half an hour configuring weather), and the simple weather options don't create very varied or realistic weather. So, something like the FU3 weather generator would be great.2. I have a Logitech Force Feedback joystick. It works very well with the default aircraft, and with most addon planes. With some planes however, the FF effects are very exagerrated. For example, with the freeware Socata Trinidad, the joystick goes crazy when taxiing on the ground. Some aircraft also have way too powerful trim forces. Is there any way to adjust the forces for each plane?3. (see second screenshot included) I find it hard to read the text in the ATC textbox, especially against a bright background like clouds. Is there any way to make it easier to read? Remove the transparency or change the font color or something?4. With some planes, the default view for the virtual cockpit is not exactly as I would like it. Sometimes the default position is too high, too far back, to far forward etc. and the eyepoint may not be exactly where I like it (looking down or up too much). I can adjust this while flying, of course, by using the keys to move around inside the virtual cockpit. Is there any way to save the position so I don't have to keep adjusting it each time I start a new flight?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

1. Select World, weather, Advanced Weather Tab, play with all the different sections, and Tabs at the top of the page. Since I don't have the Flight Unlimited III, I can't tell you if this will satisfy your needs. You might search the libraries for Weather Generators.2. If you open the aircraft.cfg file, you should find a FF section. You can adjust the values anyway you want. Download the aircraftcontainersdk.exe from http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.asp for instructions on adjusting the values.3. I don't think anyone has cracked that nut yet!4. Yes, adjust the eyepoint value in the views section of the aircraft.cfg file for the Virtual Cockpit view. If you want to adjust the eyepoint in the normal 2d panel, adjust/add views sections to the panel.cfg file. Download the AircraftPanels_SDK.exe from the above website for instructions on adjusting the views.