Sign in to follow this  

Help Saving ZIP File

When I was downloading a zip file, I accidentally unchecked the "Always ask before opening this type of file" box. Now, whenever I try to download something from the library, it simply opens it up in winzip and I can't save it. I can't find what menu I need to go to so I can reenable the "ask before opening" for zip files. I know I can right click on the link and choose save as, but that's not nearly as easy as having it download automatically, or just left clicking on the link. I've looked in file types under folder options, but it wasn't in there.Thanks for any help. This is really starting to irk me.

Go into Windows Explorer, on the top menu, click Tools->Folder Options->File TypesLook for the type .zip and edit the settings to always ask before opening.

Thanks Scott. I had trouble finding that at first. The box that needs to be checked is called "Confirm open after download" which didn't sound like what I needed. It worked. Leave it to MS to have confusing names for checkboxes.

Yes, it apparently is called different things depending on what version of windows you are running. Glad you got it working.

Just one or two hours ago somebody else asked this question in the Hangar Chat forum... I was quite confused when I saw this one. Hehe.Glad to see you got it working anyway. :)Dave