How about drastic drops in framerate during weather loading? With ASV6.5 my FPS will drop from the mid 20's to low single digits.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

No, I don't have either one checked...wastn't sure what they did.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Hi,Please do not disable throttling by checking those boxes. For FSX/stuttering they should be unchecked at first. What they do is slow down things a little bit so that FSX can "keep up" on some systems. You will not notice a difference in the speeds.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Hi,Performance during weather writes has been a focus during the entire development process of ASX, and we've especially spent considerable time the past 2 weeks enhancing things even further. It's nothing like ASv6, and we are now directly interfacing with FSX during SimConnect for improved efficiency (as well as many other cool things!).Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest MauiHawk

>Performance during weather writes has been a focus during the>entire development process of ASX, and we've especially spent>considerable time the past 2 weeks enhancing things even>further. It's nothing like ASv6, and we are now directly>interfacing with FSX during SimConnect for improved efficiency>(as well as many other cool things!).Cool... thanks for the update. I'm really looking forwared to this.I noticed the web site mentions that the new engine is multithreaded... how much of ASX's processing will be able to be accomplished on secondary cores? More than/less than half?

Hi,ASX has over 15 threads running different tasks (such as synthesis, downloads, depiction output, effects, wake turbulence sample, etc). It's spread out enough that Windows can basically split it up as required. For example if you have FSX using all of core 1 and 50% of core2, ASX is going to run in that 50% available on core2. If you have 90% usage on core1 and 90% on core2, ASX will run on both. With no other processes, ASX is pretty much 50/50 split on a 2-core system. After startup, ASX only consumes at maximum about 15%. More like 0-5% most of the time.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest MauiHawk

That's *exactly* what I was hoping to hear! Can't wait to see it in action...