Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

DX9 Final is Here

I seriously doubt those are the final drivers. They aren't even on the Microsft site.I think I'll pass till I read something official ;)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Panman

Err they are on the microsoft site. "download.microsoft.com".I've installed them and there is nothing about RC0/1/2/3 on them. Your loss.Might be a point to remember also that they don't usually announce it until a week after they let the developers/beta testers know.pAnmAn

Hmm, I'll go check it out then.....was there a little while ago and didn't see anything.Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Ok, I just went to the site you listed and there isn't anything on there about a DX 9.0 final, just a DX 9 RC.Post a link to the page if you get a chance please!Shane

Ark

Guest Panman

Hmm I click on the link and get sent to a page that says DX9 Final is out that spans three pages.If you don't see that then go to the "General Radeon Discussion" and the thread is currently halfway down the page title funnily enough "DX9 Final is out!"The link to the download is in the very first post.pAnmAn

Ok, I see it.I was using the Microsoft link.How is it working out for you? Any issues yet??Shane

Ark

Guest Panman

Ran all the tests no issues so far.At work now though and wont be home for at least another 10 hours!!PaNMaN

Argh!10hrs! You must be in the IT field, lol :)I know how that is. I was a computer engineer for a school district by my residence and my shift was 2pm-3am. YUCK!Shane

Ark

Guest freequest

Well DX9 is kind of a let down for me my system was running at about 2950 3dmarks now its running at 2150.. i just got to hope that they clean dx9 a bit...

Guest russell

I can also confirm that DX9 has been released -- I was part of the beta program, and received an email this morning saying the final release was now public. Although, it's not yet announced on the DX home page, here's a download page at Microsoft, which was added Dec. 19th:DirectX 9.0 End-User Runtime:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=enYou can also find lots of other related links for things like the DX9 SDKs by going to the MS downloads search page, and searching the "DirectX" category with the keyword "9":http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/(the end-user runtime is on the second page of results)If you're into multiplayer flights, and have one of the Release Candidates installed, be sure to upgrade to the final release, since I know for a fact that a major fix was added after RC1 to address a problem that can cause all players to be dropped from the session. I'll be releasing a new version of FSHost some time in the near future to take advantage of the fix -- more details soon.Russell

Hi, Iam little confused. I have directx 8.2 now, so if I want to update to 9, I just have to install DirectX 9.0 End-User Runtime right?ThanksJacek

I guess I'll have to pass on DX-9. I took a peek at the DL size, and it looks like it would clobber my dial-up connection for weeks. This is the basic DL size shown on the site:292 KB - 165583 KB165 MEGS! What does that include? Does anyone have any idea whether DX9 alone can be downloaded, and what the DL size of that is? And does MS force an upgrade of media player? I have kept the pre-FS2002 version of media player, as I didn't have a need for some of the new features included with today's media player.-John

Great news---did you use the Web install, or the redist? MS mentions the redist, but does not show a link to it.-John