Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Overcast Sky is not overcast - problem

Guest over and out

Hi all,Yesterday I chose Seattle WA to go on a flight from KSEA. I loaded it into Active Sky and downloaded the local weather and it said overcast, then I updated the ground textures with Ground Env Pro and then started FS9 and loaded the flight. The sky was not grey and overcast but more cloudy with many blue patches (partially cloudy). I expected to no blue sky while on the ground.Any ideas what is wrong? Is my definition of overcast different than Active Sky'S?I also did a custom flight from KILM (Wilmington NC) and chose a hurricane for fun. The program read that it was updated with a Hurricane a KILM, but after starting FS9 and when all was loaded the sky showed many blue patches, and no rain. The only thing that indicated I was in a hurricane was the strong wind that almost flipped my plane when taking off. Other then that it looked like a partially cloudy day.Any Ideas here? thanks :)

Hi JSC,Thanks for writing. This could be a number of things:100% 3D clouds set in FS?Cloud coverage set to miximum?Frames locked to a low enough number?Overcase Enhancement On in Active Sky?Favor Cumulus vs Stratus Off in AS?If you move a bit away from the airport does the sky fill in?Please let us know,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest over and out

I'll check through the list and report back, thanks!

Guest sugiks2000

Hi, JSkorna.In ASV6.5 B552, I found a strange thing about METAR analysis.For example:"KAUS 260153Z 11003KT 10SM SCT022 BKN039 OVC047 21/19 A3003 RMK AO2 SLP162 T02110189"But ASV6.5's analysis is as follows:"Wind: 110 True, 3 Kts, Vis: 9999 Meters, 10 SM, Clouds: 2200 Scattered, 3900 Broken, Precip: None, Temp: 21C Dew: 19C, Pressure: 1017 mb, 30.03 inches"Next I tried Wx Configurator to test METAR analysis, I found a strange thing that BKN/OVC written after BKN is not recognized.Test case 1:METAR: "00000KT FEW010 SCT020 OVC100 21/19 A3000"AS's result: "Wind: 360 True, 0 Kts, Vis: 9999 Meters, 10 SM, Clouds: 1000 Few, 2000 Scattered, 10000 Overcast, Precip: None, Temp: 21C Dew: 19C, Pressure: 1016 mb, 30.00 inches"Test case 2:METAR: "00000KT FEW010 BKN020 BKN100 21/19 A3000"AS's result: "Wind: 360 True, 0 Kts, Vis: 9999 Meters, 10 SM, Clouds: 1000 Few, 2000 Broken, Precip: None, Temp: 21C Dew: 19C, Pressure: 1016 mb, 30.00 inches"Test case 3:METAR: "00000KT FEW010 BKN020 OVC100 21/19 A3000"AS's result: same result as Test case 2.Is that AS's specification?thanks.

Hi,Thanks for writing! I just tried all 4 of those METAR's in WX Configurator and each time things were decoded correctly. All I did was copy and paste from your post. Make sure there are no extra spaces in the METAR at the beginning.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest sugiks2000

Hi, Jim.I tried 4 METAR that I wrote yesterday, results were same.Next I reseted all of AS options and tried 4 METAR again.As result, these were decoded correctly. :)I think my ASv6.ini was wrong. But I don't know the reason.Thanks.

Guest sugiks2000

Hi Jim.Additional question.In Japan, 'SHRA', '-SHRA' and '+SHRA' are used often.But it seems AS don't recognise '+' and '-' before 'SH'.I'm glad if you check this problem.Thanks.

Guest over and out

Hi I'm back, thanks so much for your help!all the settings you suggested I had, one thing I noticed though was that on step 2 under Range for the station I had it set on zero and so I switched it to 200 nm. I also "updated and closed" and then loaded FS9 and it worked. One thing that didnt work though was that GE Pro would not update ground textures for the Hurricane when I punched the button? Is that because it is a custom weather profile?One last thing about GE PRO. I have had this happen. I set up one flight, set up the weather, then push the GE PRO and it updates and loads the textures, then I load FS9 and the flight works great.Then, I close out of FS9 completely, go to AS, set up another flight and choose the GE PRO and it give me an error message "FS must be closed to use GE PRO submissions" - well it is closed, do you know what is wrong?Thanks again - the hurricane was great!

Guest over and out

I found out why GEPRO would not update. Even though I had closed FS9 on my server machine, I had not closed WIDEFS on the client where I run AS and GEPRO. This I guess was telling GEPRO I was still connected to FS9? Any case, it worked.Thanks again for the help! :)