Hi, I have a problem with AS. Today I passed northern Eireland and it was all clear. The closest stations I passed reported rain og clouds. How come that I cant see that ?Yesterday I flew round southern Australia. The weather was also clear even though satelite images showed heavy clouds ?Do I do something wring ?

Hi,1. If you don't have Online Updates On then you are not using the current weather. That is why your weather did not match up.2. To see this, start AS then FS. Look at the AS screen under Closest Station Report. Does that match or closely match your location in FS?Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Ok, I havent made my self very clear on this.I can pass a station (airport)and when I fetch that specific station that I pass I realise that AS tells me that it is cloudy and rainy, but there is no cloud anywhere where I look.It doesnt occour all the time. It seems to happen when I have downloaded archive, but still it should give me the weather that is reportedHopefully its clear now what I mean (my english is not too good for explaning this)

Hi,OK you are comparing the METAR to FS, and not to some real world report!This could be a number of things: you are not close enough to the station or suppression is active. Please post your ASv6.ini file and I'll take a look at your settings.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

hi again, here it is://ASv6.5 configuration file Build 551[General]WindowPosX = -60WindowPosY = 465DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesASv6SuppressionCeiling = 26000SurfaceWindLimit = 10FS9Path = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PersonalAppDataFolder = C:UsersmartinAppDataRoamingCloudLayerLimit = 3LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59AutoVasFrequency = 30AutoVasStrength = 30TurbulenceFrequency = DefaultStartupLocation = KSEADefaultGraphicsFullTheme = DefaultGraphicsCirrusTheme = AutoSubmitGraphicsTheme = FalseIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForcePrimaryServer = FalseForceSecondaryServer = FalseGEProAutoSubmit = FalseUseFetchedStationforGEPro = FalseShowDecodedMBasDecimal = FalseSkyOverride = GEPROFavorCumulus = FalseForceRoutePressure = FalseForceLowestCeiling = TrueUnpauseOnReadyStatus = FalseDisableWriteThrottle = FalseDisableProcessThrottle = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = TrueAutoSetFSTime = TrueIgnoreFSLocationUntilReady = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueAutoRefreshAI = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseEnableGEProWideFSMode = FalseExtendedThrottling = FalseForceRouteAloftTemp = FalseOfflinePlayback = FalseEnableVAS = TrueAutoGenVAS = TrueForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = FalseExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = TrueGlobalWrites = TrueDepictFS9HazeLayer = FalseExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = TrueFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = TrueZuluConversion = 2AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0MaxCloudThickness = 10000MinStratusSeparation = 7000TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = C:UsersmartinDocumentsFlight Simulator Files

HiI still dont get the piont. I would usually fly with the weather from the day before (archived weather), so therefore I dont need the update. When I pass a station the AS tells me there is rain and cloudy, but its all clear - I dont see in FS what AS tells me. It happens after flying for some time - for instance: take off from Madrid and over italy the problem accours. For expample I can pass Roma where it should be raining acording to AS - both in the "closest station rapport" and if I fetch the weather. It seems as if Fs doesnt read the AS all the time. By the way it also happens only (i think) when flying with 4*speed. Does that have to do with it ?

Hi,Weather data is stored in Active Sky no matter if you are in Online Mode or Offline Mode and FS needs to get the data from Active Sky. With Suppression set so large then no data is getting into FS. Yes, flying at 4X can also cause this.So, my suggestions are:lower your Suppression Ceiling to 10000don't fly at 4X.Let's just try this to see if it works on your system!Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/