Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

ASX - XGuage Install Error from WideClient

While attempting to install ASX on my wideclient, it prompts me twice for the share-path across my network to my FSXsp1 partition. Upon pressin the OK button for the path on second attempt, I get the following JIT error. The main install program then procedes to "Aircraft Scan" page. If I hit the previous button back to the "XGuage" dialog, the path scan error repeats.The wideclient is WinXPsp2 and FSXsp1 is on Vista-U with UAC turned off. I can manually naviage the share using Windows explorer. ASv6.5 on this wideclient currently works with both FS9 and FSX. FSX SDK1a has not been installed yet on the FS9/X machine.See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at XGaugeWizard.FilesClass.BrowseForNewFolder(foldertype ftype, Boolean browse) at XGaugeWizard.FilesClass.get_GetFSPath(Boolean browse) at XGaugeWizard.Form1.Form_2_Action() at XGaugeWizard.Form1.Loadit() at XGaugeWizard.Form1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------XGaugeWizard Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HiFi/XEngine/XGaugeWizard/XGaugeWizard.exe----------------------------------------Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System.Configuration Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------System.Runtime.Remoting Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll----------------------------------------HiFiSimControls Assembly Version: 1.1.0.1 Win32 Version: 1.1.0.1 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HiFi/XEngine/XGaugeWizard/HiFiSimControls.DLL----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi AlThe first path is for your FSX installation and the second path is for your My DocumentsusernameApplication DataMicrosoftFSX pathIf you are on a network you should have this folder shared on your FSX Server as well and the path would probably be PCNameFSXCan you confirm that you naviagted to the second path as indicated please.RegardsCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Hi Carl,You had me there for a moment. I thought, ####, did it ask for the app-path the second time and I just didn't take the time to read it? I went back, uninstalled ASX from the wideclient and during the removal, it DID as for both the FSX and App-path directories pointnig to he wide-server. Installing ASX again, it asked for the "FSX" path twice (no app path prompt), "FSX Install location not found" please point to your FSX installation folder. I do have an I: drive mapped to my FSX drive, with FSX installed underneath it. ASv6.5 is currently using this same mapped drive. Anyway, it doesn't seem to accept the fsx-path on the first prompt and asks the SAME question again, "The FSX path" not the app-path. It is after this second path-prompt, when I get the JIT error and a continue button. Pressing continue takes me to the Aircrat-scan next-button.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Also, I tried to point to the app-path directory when prompted the second time during XGuage install even though it's asking for the FSX-path again. It did the same thing, JIT error. When starting ASX for the first time, it does ask for both the FSX-path and the app-path and seems to take them. It is only during the XGuage installation routine am I getting two FSX-path prompts and a JIT error. It completes the install but I'm sure the XGuage and Aircraft-scan installations were not installed right.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Al,I think your mapping is problematic, and we suggest using normal UNC shares.However there is an alternative to all this, and that is to simply copy the XGaugeWizard folder and its contents to a temporary directly on the FSX PC (its in the client's progfilesHiFiXEngine location), then run the wizard from there.We are looking into the problem with drive mapping... Let us know if you can get things running ok with the UNC shares and/or manual install method above.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

OK, thanks for looking into the mapping problem as I have many other FS utils on the wideclient that are already setup with paths set using the drive letter method. I'll try again but instead of using the drive-map (I:) I'll point to my network folder then the UNC path. If that fails, then I'll try manually copying the folder. I'll report back in a few minutes.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Quick report: UNC appears to have the same problem. Prompted for the FSX folder twice during the XGuage and Aircraft-scan prompts during install. When prompted, I navigated through My Network Places -> Microsoft Windows Network -> Workgroup -> AlComp -> I -> Microsoft Flight Simulator X (whereby my FSX dedicated hard-drive is shared-out as "I" on the server)Again, path prompting seem to work when initially starting ASX. Now reading through simconnect instruction and then will run guage wizard on the server after copying it over.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Al,Interested to know if sharing Microsoft Flight Simulator X directly (instead of whole I share) makes it work.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Sorry, I went flying in my first ASX thunderstorm down near Dallas. Friggin cool clouds and lightning!FSConnect on a wide-client seems to work as advertised along with the XGuage over on the server pc using the default Baron.Now that I have a working installation, including XG, what do I need to do to test a straight-share directly from the FSX folder? Uninstall ASX only, leave XG installed the whole time I'm uninstalling and reinstalling ASX to test it?It seems odd that the path prompts work when starting or removing ASX on a client, but not when installing it. Shouldn't the code for the prompts be similar and a comparison of the similar sub-routines show what's missing or different on the install prompts? BTW, I did check the registry under HKCU and the UNC paths were in the registry pointing to the server.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE