Sign in to follow this  
cklink

Minimal Clouds, Airport not as Metar Report?

First off, Thanks guys for the great package all around - and you finally got that buy button working !! :-beerchug Couple of questions (have the bundle)I am getting minimal weather/cloud generation in many cases not matching the metar at the airport, or its well off in the distance. I notice this for airports that have a written metar, but the surounding is all interpolated. BKN generates about 1 maximum 2 cloud groups (stratus or other). Here's an example snapped after ASX gave the "all done" message (there is only a "single" cell CB cloud at about 5 oclock in the pic, but its way off about 30miles and not raining at the apt) Ideas? (Sliders in FSX are detailed, max and 70sm as per the book, ASX cfg setting below)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172770.jpgSecond, Visibility - The following shots at above and below the visiblity layer. Can I set something as to reduce that layer thickness when your below it so you can see the clouds above?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172771.jpgAutomaticDownloads = FalseAutomaticDownloadInterval = 10CAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 50NoDataCloudGenerationPercent = 50CirrusCloudGenerationPercent = 50MaximumCloudLayers = 7MinimumCloudTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumCloudIcingPercent = 0MaximumCloudIcingPercent = 100MaximumSurfaceWindSpeed = 100MinimumWindTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumWindTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumWindShearPercent = 0MaximumWindShearPercent = 50MinimumVisibilitySM = 0MaximumVisibilitySM = 100UpdateRange = 500DynamicRateofChangePercent = 10WakeTurbulenceStrength = 50DepictHurricanes = TrueCreateVirtualStations = TrueEnhanceRouteCoverage = TrueMaximumUpperVisibilitySM = 80VATSIMDownloads = FalseEnableSkyScapeMode = TrueUseSkyScapeforStratus = FalseStratusCloudOccurrencePercent = 20ForceHighPriority = False---------------------------------XGraphics - Weather EnhancedOh lastly (sorry) is this a problem? (From the file)18:16:22: Unable to read in additional stations database from D:Program FilesHiFiXEngineASXDownloadStations.datRegards'Garett

Hi, About the skyscape it's only the upper clouds layers at high level not related CB.For visibility, fs still use clouds to control this, you can select the cirrus overcast clouds in XG to see whats is the best haze for you, see screenshots near mountain, when selected and installed in fsx via XG graphics, to be sure not others cirrus overcast will be used after, just uncheck the cirrus overcast in optionadvanced option after.I will add few more option for this via update, and color haze, but for now there is about 2 haze layer are more thin in cirrus overcast selection.ThanksChris Willishttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi,This is indeed a problem:"Oh lastly (sorry) is this a problem? (From the file)18:16:22: Unable to read in additional stations database from D:Program FilesHiFiXEngineASXDownloadStations.dat"This file needs to be loaded properly so all the approrpiate weather stations are considered. It looks like they are not being loaded and you're not getting full wx depiction, which explains the first pic.Not sure why that file is missing/corrupt. I would suggest a repair!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I am running a client/server setup and I do not even see this file in my ASX folder but I am not seeing the "Unable to read.." error.

Guest triangle

Client/server setup here, too, and same error and file not in the specified folder.Plenty of clouds on my flight but none show up in XGuage or on the mving map on the client installation.Andrew

Guest triangle

In fact, same issue on the local install, too - conducted a repair but it made no difference.Is it possible that ASX is failing to create this downloadstations.dat file for some reason ie. a bug?Andrew

Hi,Yes it does appear there are some cases where it is not being installed or being removed for some reason, and we are looking into this. In the mean time please download this .zip from the link, extract the DownloadStations.dat which should be placed into C:Program FilesHiFiXEngineASX.http://dreamcatcher.hifisim.com/DownloadStations.zipBest,

Damian Clark

Guest triangle

How did I know you would come up with this quick solution for us? I expected you would do this as it seemed the simplest quick fix and, sure enough, you did.Worked like a charm ...Great stuff!!!!!ThanksAndrew

Hi Guys,Well I figured out why in the first pick that the metar doen't match the airport. It seems that when I start at an airport, then switch to a different one via FSX menu (eg: CYBD to CYEG)- the weather does not update at the new location. I gave it 20 minutes, and still no update? Running orig airport metar at new locaiton. Alt tabbed to ASX and it said idle across the bottom. Sure open to ideas on this one. Glad to hear you guys are doing some work with that visibility thing, I ended up setting at 80min, 100max, 150 upper max for a temp fix or running AV6.5 for certain weather conditions. (LOL - BTW Xgraphics looks awsome with AV6.5 !)And thanks for the quick update on the downloadstations !It's a darn good product, with an even better support and customer service team! Even with a few bugs or issues for me, I wouldn't (and didn't ;) - hesitate a second to grab this package as I have no doubt Hifi will continue to tweak it to iron out a few of the issues and improve upon it over its lifespan.Regards'Garett

Hi Garett,Thanks for the words!If you do a refresh once you change locations, does it update? We will look into this....Best,

Damian Clark

Thanks Damian,No, doesn't help (alt tab to ASX hit refresh go back). Watching the synthesis and depiction, they are working and and once they say idle I go back - but no update. I cranked back the rate of change slider to 0 just to make sure that wasn't it. LOL I still have not even flown anywhere yet to see if its changing over the route. I'll give that a whirl.ThanksGarett