Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

ActiveSky X Questions

Guest United

First of all, this is a great add-on, love it; I purchased the bundle, X Graphics and X Engine together and am running them successfully on a client PC (actually I have X Graphics installed on both client and server computers, X Engine is only on the client computer). The external atmosphere it creates is truly stunning. I find myself staring out the plane windows once again and enjoying, well worth the bucks. Now a few questions/comments:1. I used X Graphics on my client computer and changed various textures around in all categories. I installed them with FSX on the server computer closed of course! Now, I closed down X Graphics when I was done. Later, after a flight I shut down FSX and then opened X Graphics again on the client computer. I went to change the textures again only X Graphics told me I was using "Default" FSX textures all around. The changes I had made were not evident anywhere in the program that I could see. I realized I did not save my changes as a "theme", should I have done that? Did I need to save my texture changes as "theme" to see them upon restarting X Graphics? or did I do something else wrongly? 2. I have X Graphics installed on both my server and client computers. Can I load a theme or change textures from my server computer instead of my client computer (in as much as the texture load is so much faster loading from the server than the client across the network)or much X Graphics be run only on the computer that the X Engine is running from (in this case my client computer)?3. Believe it or not, I create all my flight plans within FSX flight planner only, not from an external program. When I do that and access the flight plan into my client computer X engine and I correct in that I must then shut FSX down on my server computer before I allow X Engine and X Graphics to load weather and flight plan appropriate textures?4. Does anyone know yet how Ernie Alston's FSBuild is supposed to access weather data from Active Sky X? Thanks guys! Once again, this is a very nice program you've made, glad I own it!Randy Jura, KPDX

Hi Randy,Thanks for the purchase and the words!1. Yes, you should save your changes as a theme. Then you'll start with those the next time.2. For this X Graphics must be on one machine and not both. There is not a way right now to tell ASX which copy of ASG to use. So ASX on the client and XG on the server would work out.3. Right, same as FS04.4. I think he is working on this.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/