Sign in to follow this  
maxter

Problem after installing HiFiSim bundle

Looks like I may have a problem post installation of the two parts of the HiFiSim bundle...The install processes appeared to go OK with no error or warning messages.After making various config changes in the configurators, I attempted to start FSX...On start I get the following window... ___________________________________________________________________Security Warning - The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?Name: XGauge.DLLPublisher: Unknown Publisher[Run] [Don't Run]____________________________________________________________________At this point I attempt to hit the Run button, which appears to be inop as I soon get the...____________________________________________________________________A fatal error occurred.Windows is collecting more information about the problem.This might take several minutes...____________________________________________________________________I then get the ____________________________________________________________________Do you want to send more information about the problem? screen...____________________________________________________________________I have tried this about 20 times with the same result... Vista is probably the problem, but it's all I have.Could someone please help as I am pretty keen to use this new software and the other thing is that my FSX installation also will not start now...My system specs are below.With thanks,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.htmlChris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Hi Chris,This is a first report of similar error, and we have many vista users so its not that.You can always uninstall XGauge (via the XGaugeWizard) and XGauge.DLL will not attempt to load.Please try this to confirm the problem is loading this gauge.If isolated to this gauge, there may be some special security/AV thing preventing it from loading. Will investigate..Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

>You can always uninstall XGauge (via the XGaugeWizard) and>XGauge.DLL will not attempt to load.>>If isolated to this gauge, there may be some special>security/AV thing preventing it from loading. Will>investigate..Damian,Firstly thanks a lot for responding.I have no doubt that it is in my installation and not an issue with your software. The problem is that I would really appreciate some assistance to resolve it as I am no whizz kid in understanding how these various applications and .dll's hang together.In respect of your suggestions above, where do I find the XGaugeWizard to uninstall the xGauge.dll.With thanks,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi ChrisIf you go to start -> Programs -> HiFi -> Active Sky X -> XGauge Install Wizard Follow the normal instructions and when you get to the page that asks for Installation Mode please select 'UNINSTALL Mode'That will restore your panels to the state prior to XGauge installtion.Hope this helpsRegardsCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg