Hi,I need help, cus its not working for me.I've purchased and installed both the Environment X + ActiveSky X.I run Activesky, it downloads the weather all fine.I load FSX, get in a plane at EGLL but the weather isnt changing.ActiveSky says my weather should be EGLL 301450Z 23011KT 10SM -RA SCT011 15/12 Q1002.But in FSX, its blue sky everywhere.Question: In FSX, under menu option World, Weather. Which one should I have selected, I'm assuming User Defined Weather?btw. I'm running FSX deluxe on a single machine. PS: I'm running Vista. Installation never installed Program icons. And both Environment and Active Sky require Admin rights to run.Also, when first loading Environment, you have to navigate to c:UsersApp DataMicrosoftFSX folder. But the App Data folder is invisible by default so you cant actually browse to it. Same for the gauge wizard also.

Hi,What is Environment? Do you mean X Graphics?No program icons?No weather?Something is definitely wrong. Are you sure you have installed Active Sky X and X Graphics?One thing makes sense, and that is both X Graphics and Active Sky X DO require admin rights, because they are modifying files in Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X. Under vista admin elevation is required for this.I suggest that you elevate your user permissions to administrator rights, uninstall all and reinstall. There are multiple problems here, none of which have been reported, which indicates a serious installation problem or something specific to your system setup. It could be that you installed under a different user name than you are running the program under.I highly recommend reading the documentation as well. Hope all this helps, please let us know if we can assist more.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Damian,thanks for the reply.Appologies, I was referring to X Graphics.I have since uninstalled and reinstalled. At both times with admin rights. There were no errors during the installation, everything seems fine. However, still no icons in the program files.I did install to the default c:program filesHIFI folder.One other thing, my FSX isnt in the default c:program filesMicrosoft GamesFSXIts actually in c:fsx. Could this be a problem?RegardsLuca

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi LucaFSX location shouldn't be a problem as long as the registry setting for FSX agrees with it.Look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator10.0In there should be the installation path for FSX.Please check that it agrees with the location of you installationThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi LucaA few more questions please.1. Are you using the same account to run ASX/XG as the one that you installed the applications.2. As the above post - what is the path in the registry for the FSX installation. If you are running Vista 64 the registry setting shoul be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareWow6432NodeMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator10.0 not the one above3. Show your hidden folders in windows explorer4. Have you installed SP1 for FSX (this is an ASX requirement)ThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Hi Carl,I checked the reg key, its correct, its values is c:fsx.I'm using Vista Home Premium 32bit.Yes, I have installed SP1 for FSX.I only have 2 user accounts. 1 standard user account I log in with and use daily, and then the admin account. the admin account was used to install both apps. I'm also required to run both activesky and x graphics as admin.I've checked the following folders to make sure permissions are correct:c:program filesHifiC:UsersAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXc:fsxread/write permissions are fine for these folders.In the initial setup of Activesky, I remember I had to select the APP FOLDER for FSX. Where is this value stored, I think maybe I've messed that up.

I've solved it!I tried running FSX as Admin. As soon as it loaded, I saw the Activesky initialisation complete message, and the weather changed.So I guess, if Activesky has to run with admin rights, its placing weather information in the wrong c:usersappdata folder?Dont like the idea that everything has to be run as Admin though. Doesnt this defeat the point of Vistas new security?Anyway, all is good. Thanks for your help.Luca