Hi All,TS Andrea was the first tropical storm of the season. I am offering a prize to the first user who finds the date of the storm, gets the archived weather, and takes a screen shot of the storm on the Weather Map!Please post your shot here and just keep the size under 150KB.Happy Hunting!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Hi Jim,I thought I would take you up on this challenge and have come across an interesting situation.I have download the Wx and now the PC is going through the decrypting and saving routine. It has been nearly 15 minutes now since the "Saving" dialog popped up. Surely this is not normal? What is a typical time for this event?My task manager shows that Active Sky X is not responding as well.regards,Dave (CYVR)

Hi Jim,Beat you to it! I had to do a hard reset/reboot and now the download/decrypt/save cycle is taking about 1 - 2 minutes. Go figure!Now all I have to do is find out how to post a screenshot! :-)regards,Dave (CYVR)

Hi Jim,May 10 2007And hopefully I have captured the start of TS Andrea in the jpg.regards,Dave

>Hi Jim,>>May 10 2007>>And hopefully I have captured the start of TS Andrea in the>jpg.>>regards,>>Dave>Actually a couple of corrections! The storm was named on May 9th not the 10th, and it wasn't actually a Tropical Storm. It was classified as a Sub Tropical Storm. Which is what was described as sort of a Hybrid Tropical Storm. It's the first time I've heard of a storm classified as such. I actually checked what it looked like in ASX earlier today after posting on it in another thread. Unfortunately as your shot also shows, it doesn't look too impressive. Certainly not anything that looks like the shot on the website. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what a hurricane looks like!! By the way there is something brewing off western Cuba that they say may develop and hit Florida by the weekend! We're all hoping for some rain down here from it, to help relieve the severe drought causing all the brush fires, but hope it stays a rain only event!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Morning Jim and All,Well, actually, the location was about 300nm north of there 140nm southeast of KSAV and 150nm northeast of KDAB. My 1st screen is of the initial advisory issued by the NHC at 1500z May 9 and locates Andrea at 30.8 North and 79.3 West. Link for all Andrea advisories:http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2007/ANDREA.shtml?Second shot is from ASX for 1500z May 9 and as you can see, Andrea was too far offshore to show up. The METARS for all area fields shows what we in Florida would expect for an approaching tropical system, mainly crud (low vis, humid, and gusty winds in the upper 20's and low 30's). I checked ASX archives for all times corresponding to advisory issues and it never really showed up. Guess this is as good as it gets for such a low level system.System this weekend doesn't look right now like it will develop much beyond a heavy rain maker, but we're desperate for rain, so keep your fingers crossed for us!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172905.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172906.jpg

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Hi everyone,A little clarification here...ANDREA was indeed a "Subtropical Storm" which the servers (at the time of ANDREA) were discarding because it was not setup as a classification (such as TROPICAL DEPRESSION, TROPICAL STORM, HURRICANE, CYCLONE, etc.).Since ANDREA we have indeed added classification for "SS" (and SD) storms but only now is such data being collected and archived. So for ANDREA the best you will see are some METARs for those stations which were affected.To get the full blown hurricane depiction you will need something reporting at least 50kts wind speed (tropical storm or category 1 hurricane minimum).So technically you would not have seen ANDREA anyhow due to it never reaching tropical storm status. We are investigating depiction of lower-intensity storms however, as the server data is already there :)I suggest that this competition be redone, perhaps this time with the winner being the first one to depict a real hurricane via map screen screenshot and FSX visual screenshot ;) For a prize how does a free copy of our next product sound? :) What'dya say Jim?Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Sounds good to me. I was going to disqualify myself as a past member of your beta team anyway.Keep up the good work, I might even try and become member of your team again!regards,Dave (CYVR)

Works for me, too. I should probably disqualify myself as well, since I live in one of the hurricane alleys, at least since 2004...:-roll

Gerald

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

BTW, what a great product you guys have produced! I don't know how you did it, but at most, I only get 1-2 fps hit and that's in a turn with a real mess outside. ASXX Graphics is a great release. Thanks for all your hard work!

Gerald