Sign in to follow this  

Christmas Present FAST ANSWERS please

Hi Gang >:-)I've got permission from my wife to buy a Payware-Aircraft as a Christmas Present.I have a low end system:P3 Dell 600256 Mb RAMViper 770 graphicsSound blaster live valueI have PIC767 and it runs well (With POSKY planes - not with the PIC767 planes)I also have PSS 747 and 777 and they run fairl

It all depend what you like, but obviously you like the heavy irons...Get the DC9 it runs well on low end systems IMOOr you like big and old..get the clipper especially with the SP1 update it's the greatest I think!You like small work..get the piper from dreamfleet..grrrreat (Although VC is a framerate killer)!Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi RobThanks for the reply.I forgot to mention, thatI also have Realair sims SF260, and it runs extremely well on my system.Well - I have been thinking about the DC9 Iron Knuckle - but I read earlier today, that it has a horrible FDE. What is your opinion on its Flying characteristics?RegardsHenrik

Guest rogue1

I'd go with the FSD Commander C-115. Very nice flying light GA aircraft. That is of course if General Aviation interests you. You may want to wait abit if you are interested in this one as they are working on a new GMAX version.Jim

Guest Joshieca

>Hi Gang >:-) >>I've got permission from my wife to buy a Payware-Aircraft >as a Christmas Present. >Damm Dude! Whipped! :(

It seems they are working on the FDE. I myself have no problems with flight characteristics..but this says problably more about me LOL...But the Clipper....;)Rob "Holland&Holland" de VriesFor accurate and custom made ambient and nature sounds(sets) for Lago's FSSoundscape go to:"What Is It Like to See with Your Ears"

RobdeVries.jpg

I'd consider the DF Cardinal and Flight1 421. The 421 has been tough on fps for systems similar to ours, but I have a "trick" which has helped me...converting the textures (except for the props) to DXT1 format and stripping them of the alpha channel. This produces textures about 1/2 of the size of the DXT3 textures. With that trick, plus reflections turned off, I get around 21-23fps in spot view over most cities. I haven't had to do any conversion with the Cardinal, and I find it very framerate friendly. I'd lean towards the Cardinal, as you get two aircraft with that package--an RG and a fixed gear. With the ever increasing use of "pay as you go" livery purchases that can make aircraft cost $50, $60, the Dreamfleet and Flight1 products can't be beat. The Flight1 DC9 has already seen many liveries--another choice if you like flying bigger birds.-John

Hi gangThanks for your replys. I have to make a choose soon. :-hmmm (Hej NielsDer var da morsomt. Hvad mener du med "X"et. Er det deres underlige halebemaling? Ja du har ret i at deres nye logo er mere sj

Guest Toni Rauch

The Dreamfleet 737 package will give you a lot of fun if you like complex panel systems and a high level of 'reality'. Although it's getting a little old now (originally designed for FS2000 and updated for FS2002), it's still excellent.For something absolutely up-to-date, consider the PSS Dash-8. Not only flies well with no real impact on frame rates, it also has an excellent fully-functional panel, great sounds, VC, etc. etc. In fact, almost everything in a modern add-on except wing views. Also, it's quite inexpensive as a 'base' package and livery add-ons are not wallet-busters. Have a great Christmas and 'fly well'.Toni.

No need to wait - the GMAX update will be free to previous owners unless I mis-read something.

The DF 734 is a very robust panel that does put a lot of pressure on your system. The 767 PIC panel is much more frame friendly, though the plane has no VC (neither does the DF) and it is hard to find this product for sale (no download version). I believe that the Commander GMAX will be given free to owners of previous versions - check on that if you like GA. This is just one great airplane. Steady as a rock, easilly trimmable, one of the best simple panels out there and a joy to fly. The sounds are whimpy though.

LAGO Ultralights. Very light on your computer as they only use a simple set of instruments. Great products, but of course I am not unbiased in any way.But ask Miro one of the contributors of Avsim :-)Mathijs

Wow, ManI'm sorry, but if you have to 'get permission' to buy a fifty dollar addon from your wife -- does she pick out your new car and underwear too?I'm sure you didn't mean it that way -- but man, if you did, you need to reevalueate your marital position.Can we all spell Pu**Y whipped?

I would think that wheather the gentleman can or can't without permission, is none of our business. And I don't think anyone has to reevaluate anything.