Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

No GE-Pro for ASX - Never will be...

Has HiFiSim read this thread in the main FSX forum? http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=401341&page=As a dedicated FS9/AS/ASG/GE-Pro customer trying to reproduce what I had in FS9 in FSX, I feel like the praverbial monkey-in-the-middle. After already purchasing ASX/XG, I am seriously disapointed to learn that I will have to buy another complete weather engine and sky-graphics package just to get weather-influanced auto-submitted GE-Pro textures in FSX; and that we will never have the ability to auto-submit Peter's ground textures directly from within AS. I am a fan of both Peter's and Damian's work and it's a darn shame to learn that the two shall never work together again. I know HiFi said they had not heard from Peter regarding GE-Pro, but boy, learning now that a combination of the two will never happen, is well, again, disapointing.If I were in HiFiSim shoes, I'd find a way to license Peter's ground textures and incorporate them directly into XGrpahics, even at an additional cost to the XG owner; just for the sake of being able start a FS session without having to start two very similar addon programs.Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out, well maybe if I can manually run GEX (assuming I can buy it without FEX) to submit the ground textures by hand before each FS session, then run ASX/XG to get the sky textures and keep the ASX weather engine running during the FS session... Good grief... :-wedge

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Al,Let me say that ASX and X Graphics alike are totally compatible with any other addons, graphics and otherwise.In fact, we have extensibility built in so other add-ons can easily integrate with them for wx-influenced selections (and much more).There is nothing being forced upon users by HiFi, despite what may be claimed in such thread. To me it appears the reality is quite opposite from what is claimed?Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest abulaafia

DOn't work yourself up yet. Who says Peter will deliver a good weather engine?Who says ASX can't work with his textures?Who says his textures are worth it? (they were in FS9, but FSX has much better textures by default). Who says Hifi haven't got something up their sleeve yet?Who says there isn't a third competitor on the horizon to trump them all?It's ever so exciting this game stuff, innit?==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com