Sign in to follow this  
Guest psouthan

Please help crazy vertical lines on my screen

Guest psouthan

Hello, After changing my motherboard from an Asus p4p800 to an Asus p4p800 deluxe I suddenly find vertical lines flashing all over my screen? What I have tried to correct the issue:1 taking out video card and back in its slot agian (Radeon X800xt)2 Downloading and installing new driver for radeon card3 rebuilding FS9 .cfg4. testing directx 3d draw etcNone have workedPlease forgove me but I don't think it's active sky because i still have the problem without it on but I thought I would try here and I am a customer of activesky.RegardsPaul

Guest psouthan

Here are some screen shots of the above problem:

Guest psouthan

HI Jim,What's going on? I have tried everything seemingly. It all seemed to start from when I changed my motherboard form an Asus p4p800 to an Asus p4p800e deluxe.I can't bear the thought of another re-install.Hope you can helpPaul

Guest Carl Hackman

HiI would echo Jim's statements. Install Driver Cleaner Pro. Once installed you will need to reboot into safe mode before running Driver Cleaner Pro to ensure all files are removed.Start your system once Driver Cleaner has cleaned out your old drivere. Cancel all requests to install drivers during the detection of your card and then run the driver installation directly from your latest driver download.Reboot when complete.Hope this helpsCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Guest psouthan

Thank you both Carl & Jim, I am still trying to resolve this issue. Have tried your recommendations and gee, I have booted and rebooted, nstalled re-installed that dam card so may times now I am sick of it. I just reinstalled everything would you believe, literally everything, and now I am so close yet so far. Please help.I have even tried wiping the folders clean where the ATI card was installed, in addition to your recommendations.Paul

>Thank you both Carl & Jim,> I am still trying to resolve this>issue. Have tried your recommendations and gee, I have booted>and rebooted, nstalled re-installed that dam card so may times>now I am sick of it. >>I just reinstalled everything would you believe, literally>everything, and now I am so close yet so far. Please help.>>I have even tried wiping the folders clean where the ATI card>was installed, in addition to your recommendations.>>>>PaulThere have been reports (Including myself) Of scenery corruption when using FSX default aircraft! 3rd Party aircraft seems to be ok, have you tried any 3rd party aircraft? If it's the same thing this was occurring before ASX release, so it may not be their issue! Phil from Aces, seems to think it's caused by a bad install of SP1, and suggests a reinstall, but other than that FSX runs fine on my system, and I normally don't use default aircraft anyway, so I'm reluctant to change things!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest psouthan

Well....I uninstalled FS9 and with fs9 running on a complete new install, no add ons nothing except fs9, the problem is still there.Please help.paul

Hi Paul,You are going about this the wrong way. It is not FS, your FS.cfg or anything like that. It may be the basic software that runs your video card, called drivers. We keep suggesting the same thing: uninstall your video card drivers (this does not mean to pull out your video card) use a driver cleaner, and then reinstall your video card. Please give that a try!Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest psouthan

HI Jim,Believe me I have tried all your recommendations about 10 different times. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the fact that I have two installations of windows on the one pc and that somehow the drivers are clashing, although I use the same drivers obviously for the same card. This said I have tried uninstalling the drivers from both versions of windows and not just the one with fs9 on it . I have even tried using the last drivers that worked prior to all this happening.It is driving me nuts.Thanks again for your imput and time.RegardsPaul

Guest psouthan

Ok latest news... I have now refornmatted, re-installed windows xp and still I have the problem?any ideasPaul

Guest triangle

It certainly sounds like a hardware/driver issue given everything you have done so far and the obvious link with a motherboard upgrade.Have you gone into the motherboard BIOS and turned off:1) any inbuilt graphics chip;2) video BIOS shadowing; andchecked for a firmware update for your motherboard on the net (there may be an issue with the AGP or PCI Express slot, whichever you have)?Andrew