Sign in to follow this  
Guest mplyons

"XEngine Message Box" issue

Guest mplyons

I really like the product - I downloaded/installed yesterday (Thursday) and have used it on about 3 long haul flights - seems to be THE weather product for FSX. Way to go guys. But I have had issues with the XEngine Message Boxes that appear during some operations. If I end one flight and start another - without closing FSX or ASX some of the message windows pop up under the main ASX window and I can't switch to them to select OK. Eventually I can switch to the message window and dismiss it, but until then I can't tell if the system is frozen or working. Any thoughts...or anyone else experiencing this issue?Thanks,Mike Lyons

Guest mplyons

I can't remember the exact words that are displayed, but it has to do with refreshing and downloading the wx-influenced textures (I think) - next time I see it I will try to grab a screen shot of the situation.

Guest mplyons

Thanks for responding.I'm using WinXP SP2 (no MCE). Nearly a clean XP install:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173094.jpgHere's what happened today:I'm flying from Los Angeles to Hong Kong...man that's a long flight.Before descending into Hong Kong I decide to check ASX to see what kind of weather it's depicting (the panel window in FSX worked the first time I used it, but now it won't update beyond the initial image...I just don't use it enough to make a big deal of this...but I digress). For fun I decide to update the weather influenced textures...so I hit the button and it starts doing it's thing...but the screen shot shows what happens immediately - the pop up window comes up under the main ASX window (or perhaps behind minimized FSX window?) Clicking on the message window's title in the task bar does nothing. Here's the screen shot:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173097.jpgOddly when I opened MS Paint to paste the screen shot into...the message window poped to the front...but as soon as I minimized the MS Paint window, the message window went back to the background (not selectable). http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173098.jpgAfter I few minutes I was able to ALT-TAB to the window and it sait it was done saving the textures...press OK to continue. Perhaps the window properties are not set to open on top of all windows? Either way, I can make it work, it was just confusing the first few times it happened because I didnt' know what was going on. FYI - it also does this when I try to exit quickly after closing FSX - it warns that FSX is still running...but the window pops up under the ASX screen and I have to ALT-TAB to it to dismiss it. Very odd...but that's software for you - it does EXACTLY what you tell it to do.If you can help, great - if not, the system works fine. Thanks,Mike

Guest triangle

MikeRight click on your toolbar and select 'show desktop' and that will usually reveal the 'hidden' dialog boxes. An easy workaround until Hifi fix this via a patch.Andrew