Sign in to follow this  
Guest yule

How can I tell...

Guest yule

How can I tell that ASX is actually sending weather to FSX? Cause at the moment I think that's not the case. There's no error in the error log, but what ASX tells me on Briefing and the actual weather in FSX there's quite a difference, well, it doesn't match at all...Also the XGauge is displayed but not working, black screen and the button do not work (PWR etc...). I also got no ingame METAR info in FSX (green message line like in 6.5), but maybe thats normal.Is there a way to check whether the install is correct or not? Ie. dll.xml or fsx.cfg (both with no entries regarding ASX except the trusted entries for the XGauge).(FSX with SP1 installed)(Vista 64bit Ultimate, FSX and Hifi directory with full access rights for my user account)Regards,Dirk

Guest yule

Well, I found a solution and now I also got the message within the log "Connected to FSX" and suddenly the weather is set.The solution, in case someone using Vista runs into the same problem, is to run FSX with Admin rights, cause ASX by default runs with admin rights (Vista forces it to cause it can't recognize the company.. at least on my system). So, if you have multiple accounts on your Vista computer (usually the case) and are running FSX on a normal User account, your only choice as far as I know is to boost up FSX to Admin by "Run as admin...". Reason is it has to be run as the same user as ASX cause otherwise both will use different FSX' settings folders (where FSX.cfg, dll.xml etc. are) and thus won't connect with each other.For a future update, it would be nice if ASX would install for any user account and run under any account without the need for admin user. Cause this shouldn't be forced on a Vista system except maybe for legacy programs. ;-)Regards,Dirk