Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blodhemn

CTD since installing Bundle

Guest Blodhemn

Hi thereI am getting a CTD quite regularly since ive installed the new ASX & X Graphics Bundle. Always seems to be after ive been flying over an hour, and as im descending for landing. Have tried making a couple of Short hops in my Chinook with no problems, so seems like its something if ive been playing a while.Didnt get any CTD's before i installed this, so wondering if its possibly clashing with something else ive installed into FSX.So far I have bought Horizon's UK Scenery, Flight One's FS Discover, Cargo Pilot, and a few extra aircraft ive downloaded from Avsim etc. My system is as followsAMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHzWindows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2Memory: 1022MB RAMDirect X 9.0cNVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256 mbAnyone able to give me any helpful tips?RegardsRob

Hi Rob,Graphics drivers updated?Have you done any tweaks to fsx.cfg?Something is causing an instability in FSX and is not related to ASX as its completely external (well except for XGauge which I do not think is the problem).Remember that ASX puts in quite a detailed weather scenario into FS and existing problems can certainly be compounded by having this running, but the root problem is almost certainly not ASX itself.You may want to turn down some sliders temporarily and see if perhaps you are going "over the edge" in terms of memory or performance. Please let us know if this helps, we can take it from there..Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Blodhemn

Ill certainly give that a go, thanks. Ill reply on here once ive tested it out tomorrow.CheersRob

Hi Damian,I am having the CTD too, sometimes is ASX, sometimes FS. CTDs are always relates to changing airports.Exmple: I have been flying around LECU - LEMD, landed at LECU, stop at any door and them change to another airport in USA with bad weather. After 15-30 seconds in the new place I have a CTD. Two in FS and another two in ASX. With and without powered on XGauge.BestJose

Guest Wise22

I'm also having the CTD with the Bundle - I've yet to complete a single flight without one and I've tried about 6-8 flights, I'd say.When I remove FSX SP1 patch and go back to AS6.5, I do not have the CTD.I have no specific error message other than what might come with the MS dialog box asking if I want to send MS an error report. Several days ago, I reported the problem to HiFi's support email address along with what appeared to be a relevant dxdiag file contents but never received an acknowledgement.It'd be great if we could eventually stumble upon a resoultion as ASX & Graphics is a nice piece of work as well as rather pricy, eh? Woody

Hello Gang!I have experienced a similar situation, but it is not necesarily a CTD but rather an automatic minimization of the program that lasts for a couple of minutes and then resumes in Pause mode. I have sent the report to HiFi support. Seem to ocurr a couple of minutes after takeoff or during final approach.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest UlfB

Woody,Probably not the cause, because you don't get blue screen, but anyway: Did you test to run FSX SP1 and ASX without OC?Ulf B

Hi Woody,Sorry about lack of acklowledgement on support email... the response may have gotten lost. We did receive this and are actively investigating this and a few other similar reports as pointed out by this thread.Many are stating that SP1 was installed along with ASX and with this in mind it is possible that there is an FSX problem that is the root cause. I am wondering if using default real world weather with SP1 installed is also causing the problem? Was SP1 in your case installed from a fresh FSX installation or on top? As mentioned we are actively investigating and this is a top priority. While the cases of CTDs reported have been relatively minor compared to other previous releases (in which AS has never been found to be the actual cause) we are doing everything possible to ensure that ASX is not doing it, and regardless, that we can find a way to make it work for all users without such problems.Those experiencing such issues, it would help if you could please write me directly at damianc at hifisim.com including as much information as you can about your system spec, add-ons installed, if you get the problem with SP1 and real wx (no ASX running), if you've changed ASX default options (if so please include your asx.cfg file), and also a copy of your xengine.log file when this situation occurs. These files are in your docs & settingsuserapplication datahifixengine and xengineasx folders (Usersuserappdataroaminghifixengine for vista).Thanks in advance and we will be doing everything we can to solve this or find the ideal workaround/FSX fix to this ASAP.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Blodhemn

Just about to try a flight without ASX, see if i still get CTD.Tried setting all graphics to Default, and even LOW, still happened.Will report back after this flight.RegardsRob

Guest Blodhemn

1st flight with no ASX went with no hitches, and no CTD. it was only a short flight, and graphics still set low, used default FSX weather.Will go try longer flight with no ASX now. back soonRob

Hi Jim,This is the error in the report screen:EventType : clr20r3 P1 : xengine.exe P2 : 1.0.0.325 P3 : 465b5bd5P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4333ab80 P7 : 15b P8 : 51 P9 : system.argumentoutofrange I am sending all other files to Damian.Best,Jose

I Jim,Today for three times I haven't could even initiate the application. No FSX running, no other application, just xengine alone.This is the errror:EventType : clr20r3 P1 : xengine.exe P2 : 1.0.0.325 P3 : 465b5bd5P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4333ab80 P7 : 15b P8 : 51 P9 : system.argumentoutofrangeJose

Hi JimOK thank you for your response.Is there any way to stop the initial downloading and have control over the buttons to load any other file saved previously? If I am not connected to the Internet the program keeps trying to connect in an infinite loop and I can't access any function.ThanksJose