Sign in to follow this  
Guest lmoelleb

Getting the interactive ATC to use your callsign proper

Does anyone know how you get ATC to say your callsign as something like, 'British Airways 124' instead of simply, '124'? I recently installed a 757 which calls itself 'Red Rock' and then the flight number, and ATC says this perfectly. My guess is that you have to input some dictionary-like pronunciation instructions into the program, but does anybody have the real answer? Thanks!

use voicepack, as british is called "SPEEDBIRD" anyway :Dback to MSFS.... i got that problem too, just a bit different. ai planes announce themselves correct e.g. "speedbird 245" whilst atc just answers with the flight-number.but all in all i assume this is AS REAL AS IT GETS, cuz problems and things gone wrong are the most real thing in the world.... ...next to a sportscar, a cool beer and a charmin young lady, of course :D

I think you'll find the proper ATC callsign for British Airways is Speed Bird. If you change your aircraft.cfg, ATC will call Speed Bird 124.David

Here is an example of the British Airways PAI 744&l;fltsim.6&r;title=PAI B744 BAWsim=pai744v2model=panel=sound=texture=BAWkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=atc_airline=SPEED BIRD //This entry give ATC the airline call sign.atc_flight_number=0 //For AI the flight number is in the flightplan.ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Boeing 747-400ui_variation=British Airwaysatc_heavy=1description=Project Ai B747-400 Only for use with Ai Traffic!

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Here's a site that lists all of MSFS 2K2's default airlines, aircraft manufacturers, and aircraft types. It also list them how to put them in the airline.cfg file. As all are not spelled correctly, IE: as stated above SPEEDBIRD should be entered as Speed Bird.And as stated above a program called editvoicepack is the easiest way to add to the default list of 190 airlines, 166 manufacturers, and 508 aircraft types.http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/index.htmlJeff "Ace" Frey

thx for all good ideas...but actually its another problem here, as i got all a/c.cfg files right and love editvoicepack. the problem is that atc recognises the airline but sometimes doesnt say it.e.g. ground calls a a/c "swiss 332". after takeoff, switzerland center just calls it "332", while minutes later milano center calls it "swiss 332" again.

In that case, it could be that one of the "Voices" in the ATC sound file doesn't have the "Swiss" entry. You would need to decompile the entire voice file to check each voice. You can use gvpdeco_v11.zip from http://gpws.webpark.cz/gvpdeco/ . You will also need the VoicepackSDK from http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.asp to recompile the file after you fix any errors.I don't know if Editvoicepack has this fix.

Guest lmoelleb

Do you have a backup of the GVP file in the Flight Simulator directory structure? If you do, please delete it. Please read the EditVoicepack documentation for further details on this matter.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

And not all voices are correct. I was doing some editvoicepack work today, and came across, I think it was male7. Anyway when "eagle fight" is selected he says "eastern", and if "eastern" is selected of course he says "eagle flight"Ohh the wonderful world of MSJeff "Ace" FreyEwa Beach, Hawaii

Guest lmoelleb

EditVoicepack fixes many of these as well. So when you find one while creating a callsign, take a look at the "error corrections" branch, and you should get a hint what has been swapped arround so you can find the right entry. EVP does NOT allow you to get this information directly as you can't see the identifier used in the callsigns, however I have only found replacement where the initial letter was correct (so something starting with C replaced with something else starting with C), so their is a limited amount of possibilities. :)