Hi all,first of I would like to say that I really like the new graphics and the way weather is depicted with ASX. But I am also a little bit disappointed, since I am not getting the results I am expecting.1.) Even after trying for a couple of hours I was not able to create a solid, opaque (non-see-through)layer of clouds. One that you can fly into and not see a thing. Real IMC. Every layer allowed glimpses of the ground, now matter how thick or which type of clouds I set. A lot of times the input I would make would reset, i.e. from "global" to "10NM", or it would reset the type of clouds to "Cirrus", or "overcast" to "scattered" And even when creating a "global" layer of thick, overcast stratus, it would more often than not simply not show up (and if it did it was thin and wispy, not overcast as I set it).2.) When decoding METARS, Active Sky seems really bent on making clouds, even if the code is CLR or CAVOK it will regularly translate this as "BKN Clouds at 2000 feet", or the like. Setting the slider wich regulates the amount of clouds for CAVOK (I know the definition for CAVOK) seems to have no effect.3.) CAVOK or 9999 should not always translate into 10.000m of visibility. Thats the worst-case scenario. It means 10.000m or MORE, so what actually is a bright and sunny day outside, will be rendered a hazy, murky afternoon by ASX. There should be a slider (like for the cloudcover), that lets the user decide how CAVOK or 9999 is interpreted by ASX.This addon was about as expensive as FSX itself, and especially the inability to creaty real IMC-cloudlayers leaves me a bit disappointed. Maybe I am just missing something, a certain setting? I have played every Flight-Sim since Sublogic FlightSim II extensively, and I think I have configured it right (cloud density to max and so on). I would be grateful for any pointers, Jan

Hi Jim,thanks for the quick answer. Yes, I have tried with and without those options checked, without success, unfortunately. Is the difficulty in creating a smooth, thick, opaque cloudlayer due to constraints within FSX? How about creating a "workaround", where the layer is depicted as really thick cumulus cover (that works fairly well, already) and then the visibility is set to zero, once the aircraft is determined to be "inside" the layer? I am just looking for a halfway realist IFR experience, where I can not "cheat" by seeing the ground during an approach.Thanks for your great work, Jan

Thanks for the tips, Jim, looking forward to the update. Great support!Jan

Jan,I have commented on this very subject multiple times and it is my guess that everyone has this problem and as you can see from the answers you got on this topic the 1st question of yours was completely passed over. I wish there would be louder calls on this subject from all owners of this product demanding this as top priority. Alot of us buy weather products so we can fly in good realistic weather and the most basic need of all, a true OVERCAST sky is non-existent on my system and it is almost as high end as you can get these days.Steve

Steve, I am 100% agreed with you on this. A flight-sim that can

Guest bobcap

Here's my issue as listed on another AVSIM thread.Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?"I got my bundled copy yesterday. I was really looking forward to this add-on.I like the interface very much and the sky graphics are stunning. I havent played around or spent much time with the new ground effects yet.I also like the way flight planner works with setting Wx scenarios en route. That's really cool.I flew around the Aspen, Colorado area as a test. It seemed to me that the Air Density (airport is over 7k ASL) and Winds Aloft were fairly realisitic. I pretty much needed to use the entire runway to take off using my Carenado U206 StationairMy only issue concerns blurries. I had previously worked through them before the ASX X Graphics install, and I eliminated them. After the ASX and X Graphics install, they are back & quite terrible, from a ground perspective. (Airport fences trees etc..)FPS stayed the same - I am getting 20 - 50 with SP1 with the unlimited setting.I will tweak a bit more to see if I can work the blurries out".PC Specs:Dell Dimension 91003ghz Intel P4 (Single)2 Gb DDR2 RAM350 GB SATA HDATI X800XL 256 MB Video (PCI-e)SoundBlaster Audigy (something or other)CH Products Pedal Yoke setup