Sign in to follow this  
Mango

Installer Error on the Client PC

Hello,i got a installer problem over here. I run a network with 2 PCs under Windows XP. First i installed ASX on the client PC - the installation was successful. Unfortunately SimConnect wasn't set up properly and i didn't get a connection.I uninstalled ASX on the client and installed it on the host PC where it works very well. Thanks for this great addon !Today i had the time to set up SimConnect correct - the SDK AI traffic.exe gets a connection from the client to the host.So i uninstalled ASX from the host and tried to install it again on the client but the installer gives me following error:Erorr 2908 Could not register component{9D2DFA48-53D9-499F-8A93-8EC69-7EED399}Hope somebody have an idea.RegardsHeikoModerator Flightsimworld.com

I made some progress... Both, ASX and XG installer work with administration rights (for other programs this was never necessary). After the installation both programs run for the first time. XG is able to change textures on my FSX partition. But ASX don't update the weather after starting FSX with a blue sky. The log on the main page shows no error message while processing.I tried to restart ASX and get now following error:XEngine installation path not found... Please re-install.There are no shortcuts placed on the desktop or in the start menu. I had to navigate to the default installation folder.I am not sure what i am doing wrong, other progs like FSCommander work without problems in the network. Looks like a installer problem ?RegardsHeiko

Following error occurs when i try to start XG:See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:Documents and SettingsMangoApplication DataHiFiXGraphicsXGraphics_Log.txt'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append) at System.IO.File.AppendText(String path) at XGraphics.FSXE_Logging.LogMessage(String message, String logname) at XGraphics.FSXE_Engine.LoadPathInfo() at XGraphics.FSXE_Engine.FSXEInitMain() at XGraphics.FSXE_Engine..ctor() at XGraphicsEngine.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------XGraphicsEngine Assembly Version: 1.0.0.291 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.291 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HiFi/XGraphics/XGraphicsEngine.exe----------------------------------------Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System.Runtime.Remoting Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll----------------------------------------System.Configuration Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------XGraphics Assembly Version: 1.0.0.291 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.291 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HiFi/XGraphics/XGraphics.DLL----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

Continuing the one man show... :D I am not sure, but XG for example is looking for :C:Documents and SettingsMangoApplication DataHiFiXGraphicsXGraphics_Log.txtThe main drive on the Host PC is H: - it should search for :H:Documents and SettingsMangoApplication DataHiFiXGraphicsXGraphics_Log.txtright ?Heiko

Hi Jim,thanks for your reply... So how do i fix this problem ?Heiko

Hi Heiko,Yes it looks like we have an installer problem here...ASX required files are not being found where the registry says they are, or the registry key for ASX does not exist.We did have one problem with a user who had a corrupt font that had similar (although a bit different) problems.I'm going to suggest an uninstall/reinstall cycle, with admin rights confirmed. If the icons are not getting installed this is a good indication of a problem and we need to figure things out from there first. Please try another cycle as mentioned and if no go please write us at support at hifisim.com and include the details of where ASX was installed.Thanks a bunch and sorry for this problem, I'm sure we'll find a solution soon for you soon.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks Damian :-) I'll give it a shot again this evening, but i am sure it won't work since i tried it already 2 times with admin rights.In about 2 weeks i will change both PCs to Vista (knocking on wood) with a C: main drive for the host... That should fix the problem for me, but others might run into the same trouble.Heiko

Doesn't work. No shortcuts are placed on the desktop or start menu. ASX and XG are not present under add remove programs. The HIFI uninstaller don't work as well.Installation on the client:C:Program FilesHIFIXEngineC:Program FilesHIFIXGraphicsInstallation on the Host:H:Documents and SettingsMangoApplication DataMicrosoftFSXH:Documents and SettingsMangoMy DocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesI:Microsoft Flight Simulator XHeiko

Just an update - i installed Vista on the host (with C: as main drive letter) and on the client and it installed and runs without problems now. Networking is far more comfortable than with XP. First i got some errors on the ASX main page log, which showed that ASX could not alter files in some places. This was fixed after giving full control permission for 'everybody' and 'guests'. I got an 'Exception 14' error as well - the station zip file fixed this issue.However, XG (on the client)stops at 5% and give an error that it can not change a Cumulus file on the Host FSX partition (D:Flight Simulator Xtextures). I double checked the permission settings and it should be able to access this files.Any ideas ?ThanksHeiko