What is SkyScape in ASX and what settings actually do? There is so little about this in the documantation, which says to check the documentation (??)Allen

Hi,Enable SkyScape Mode: This enables X Graphics SkyScape mode for wx-influenced integration. Essentially, when checked, ASX will instruct X Graphics to install only SkyScape mode cirrus textures when wx-influenced textures are selected. SkyScape mode cirrus textures are cirrostratus and cirrocumulus layers with an enhanced 3D effect. Please see the X Graphics documentation for more information. X Graphics is required to use this feature. For more information on X Graphics visit http://www.hifisim.com. Use SkyScape for Stratus: When checked, any lower stratus layers that would normally be generated by ASX will become SkyScape mode cirrus layers. The "Stratus Cloud Occurrence" slider will affect the chance of such "stratus SkyScape" layers being generated. SkyScape mode cirrus textures are cirrostratus and cirrocumulus layers with an enhanced 3D effect. Please see the X Graphics documentation for more information. X Graphics is required to use this feature. For more information on X Graphics visit http://www.hifisim.com.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest abulaafia

well the links still don't work and there is no good explanation of what SkyScape settings do. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

>Hi,>>First I have heard of this!>>Thanks!>Jim>Jim the support link does seem to not be working. I tried copying and pasting the url also.Or I am just too dense to figure it out...that's always possible...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest GabeThePilot

>Hi,>>SkyScape uses cirrus and stratus clouds more than cumulus>clouds.>>Thanks,>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/I must agree with this post - the documentation is awful. Product great - docs: awful !The majority if not all of the above "explanation" have been lifted straight from the documentation, when the guy clearly staes that he doesn't understand these concepts even after having read the manual.I agree...I still don't understand how 80% of your product works.To put things in perspective - Radar Contact has a 300 page manual - now I know ASX probably doesn't need that much, but anything over the 20 pages would be better !As a start - and we've discussed this already - why are there so many "Refresh Weather" buttons on the different pages ?And also, try increasing the time the info balloons stay readable when you hover your mouse - it is virtually impossible to glean any of the info. you actually provide !It is a shame as it lets down your product. I liken ASX to a Taiwan Flat-pack - as we call them in the UK. Basically you guess what goes where and hope for the best. But for a complex area, a thorough explanation of every element and indeed some METAR/meterology tutorials would be welcomed by most people I tihnk.You should really start agian and produce a decent (printable !) guide to this product.Change it from a 'good product' to a great one !

Hi all,Thanks for your feedback. We'll take all that into consideration and work towards improving our documentation.As to SkyScape mode, this is a special feature that is enabled when XG is installed, wx-influenced textures are selected, and the skyscape mode checkbox is checked. When enabled as such, ASX will only choose the certain specific cirrus textures that represent cirrostratus and corrocumulus in a 3D fashion. The end result is a unique 3D look giving more depth and variation of clouds versus a standard cirrus layer.If you look through the XG textures for clouds, cirrus (broken), you will see the different "Skyscape" cirrus variations. These are the variations that will be forced within wx-influenced selections.Without Skyscape mode, you can of course still use Skyscape textures by selecting and installing them with XG. The "mode" is just to enable these texture sets when using wx-influenced.Hope that helps...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest GabeThePilot

>Hi all,>>Thanks for your feedback. We'll take all that into>consideration and work towards improving our documentation.>>As to SkyScape mode, this is a special feature that is enabled>when XG is installed, wx-influenced textures are selected, and>the skyscape mode checkbox is checked. >>When enabled as such, ASX will only choose the certain>specific cirrus textures that represent cirrostratus and>corrocumulus in a 3D fashion. The end result is a unique 3D>look giving more depth and variation of clouds versus a>standard cirrus layer.>>If you look through the XG textures for clouds, cirrus>(broken), you will see the different "Skyscape" cirrus>variations. These are the variations that will be forced>within wx-influenced selections.>>Without Skyscape mode, you can of course still use Skyscape>textures by selecting and installing them with XG. The "mode">is just to enable these texture sets when using>wx-influenced.>>Hope that helps...>Well that's a good explanation thankyou. I for one will now experiment with the different look that these give depending on whether I use wx-influenced loading.Unfortunately I tend not to, as it takes forever to load textures in that way, over a network ! It takes a fraction of the time just to load a theme on the server pc - but that's me being impatient !So it is quite possible possible to explain these features well - here's to the next version of the manual !Cheersps. if you have these (undoubtedly) complex features, it's better for everyone if the consumer is aware of them and how to best implement them - we will all benefit I am sure.Another common area for confusion, is the difference between "create virtual stations" and "enhanced coverage" - the explanations are pretty much identical. You see where I am going with this...?!

Yes, understood.FYI, create virtual stations: adds more stations in generic areas with gaps to facilitate richer depiction. Enhance route coverage: adds even more stations along the route's cooridor.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies