Sign in to follow this  
pacosancas

ATR-42-300 Sanchez - all radios dead

With the new Alitalia livery I came back to this model, which is a great progress in the Mr. Sanchez' line of ATRs.But I all of my radios seem to be dead - NAVs and COMs. I went through ReadMe for a few times. The only explanation could be that I have a non-Pro version of FS.Could this issue with radios be straighten out?Thank you.

I didn't download this repaint, did it include the entire package or just a new set of textures? If entire package, maybe it is corrupted. Try installing Paco's original and see if it fixes the problem.

It was just an Alitalia texture.I tried not to reload the aircraft so far. But I overwrote all gauges as instructed.Hope maybe Sanchez comes to see the forum - there is no direct contact with him.

I don't understand! If it was just texture files, why would you have to overwrite gauges?I just downloaded ali42atr.zip, which is for Paco's ATR42-500. If this was the file you downloaded, I don't see anywhere about overwriting gauges. If you are talking about installing the base file, fsc_atr42500_v10.zip, then you may have misunderstood the gauges installation. Some of the gauges are XML gauges contained in FSC.atr.fl.cab. This entire CAB file is to be installed in your fs2002gauges folder along with the other standard *.gau gauge files.

Hi,Here I am :-) I haven't come lately to the forum, as I was too busy... Christmas cooking! :-hah The radios won't work witht the standard version, as the aircraft uses the default King Air radios. The good news are that I'm preparing an ATR72-500 which -hopefully- will have custom radios so it will work also an the standard version. The bad news is that I'm way behind schedule. One of the reasons (apart from my cooking abilities :-D) is that I've got a full manual of the real aircraft, and getting active support from an ATR pilot, so that I'm planning to enhance as much as I can the panel and gauges to fit the real plane. The more I advance in that direction, the further away I am from finishing! I am discovering that many functions provided in FS differ to a large extent from the real behaviour of modern aircraft systems. For example, it has taken me four full days to re-program the autopilot ALT and VS hold functions, and I'm still half way through!PacoStultorum numerus infinitus est