Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Severe and abrupt vis change in ASX

Hi,Yes me too and abrupt wind change at high altitude in the wrong direction...worse than asv 6.5...any suggestions?Christian

Such a beautiful uneventful flight from CYOW and when on approach all of a sudden this happens.... ERRGGHHIts like going on a long bicycle ride and getting a flat tire half a mile from home. Spoils the day really.And those high alt wind changes are unrealistic Otherwise great product..al

This vis problem did go away when I reloaded the simI had paused and saved it in this condition and position as in the pics...same weather. same settingsallen

I'll report also seeing quick visibility changes also, not all the time though. I do get wide variations of Barometric Pressures around airports. I have downloaded the stations file, that did help with the wind shifts.

Yup, I'm seeing this too. 180 degree flips on wind direction and head/tail wind creating havoc on IAS @ FL350. I tried setting dynamic-rate-of-change and cloud-turbulance to various settings to no avail. It's almost like the old ASv6 wind and visability smoothing fuctions aren't functioning (however it's done in ASX).

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Is there a way of totally disabling winds aloft?i.e. 000 degrees 00 knots across the board and still have loaclised weather (not global)Or maybe, just maybe, these changes are occuring when CAVOK is underneath, or a station with "no data", causing ASX to make some up...al

UKBB 031630Z 09004MPS 6000 -SHRA SCT030CB BKN040 14/11 Q1023 88290050 TEMPO 2000 TSRA I went into the visibilty change @ 3000ft today, and it was instant. I will say this, the lighting was incredible. I had a few right off the nose that just about blinding me. So, ASX and lighting is mind blowing. The only thing, and I mean the only thing about ASX right now that is bothersome is the quick visibilty changes.Not complaining though, ASX is a fine piece of work. Just one minor problem that I can see.

Guest chpuig

Hello,Yep, me too I made 2 flights this week-end. 1 in the US @FL310 and another in France @FL350. The flight in the US was between Klas and Ksan. I had less wind shifts on this flight. In France I did a flight between Lfpo and Lfmn and I had more wind shifts and more abrupts. It seems that it occurs when you get outdated Metars, not sure though.Anyway, I am sure that the genius Damian will find a way and fix this problem. I agree that this wind shifts, vis changes and baro changes was far less abrupt in Asv6.5 with Fsuipc.Don't get me wrong, these products are 2 masterpieces!Christian

Thanks for the feedback everyone,We are working on this as high priority.Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies