Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

Urgent clarification requested - winds aloft ASX vs. AS...

Hi , I just downloaded winds/navlog in both systems for KMIA-EDDT - there are significant differences on the winds at FL350 betweenASX and ASv6.5 Fllwng the main points :Using NAT Z / first fig are ASX - next ASVSUMRS 269/63 and 243/32DANER 224/30 and 319/6142N050W 307/95 and 282/7944N040W 265/33 and 293/6749N020W 331/36 and 241/81IPRIL 111/15 and 325/64whereby over end of trip the winds are very close togetherchecking the winds against sig wx charts ( jetplan ) the winds in ASv6.5seems more logicalBetween DANER and 40W is a clear jet from northwestbetween 30W and 20W is a clear jet from southwestand between Ireland and RKN is a jet from northwest againNow my questions : any explanation ? Are you using differentsources ?Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

Guest airmail

When looking at the weather settings inside FSX I've seen many different wind layers. Often grouped together at near the same altitude. They have different directions so the winds become crazy. I don't know if it's the dynamic change in FSX or ASX that does it but that might be one problem with the upper winds.Also I've seen FSX is smoothing the winds all way between the layers. So the directions should be correct only at the exact altitude the layer is located at (when checking with shift-z). I have however found that sometimes the direction wanders off almost aimlessly and sometimes snap into the correct direction when passing the layer.What worries me is that even FSUIPC seems unable to control the upper winds now in FSX. This may be a major problem. Still I have hopes that Hifi can solve the problems, somehow./Mats

Update on winds as of 1500 UTCChecked again KMIA-EDDT FL 350 ASX vs. ASv6.5 and compared it withthe WAFC Washington winds based on 1230 UTC data :Surprise - ASv6.5 had still the same data - no change since 0500 UTC !!ASX had new data and they came closer to the Washington source - exceptat 42N050W ASX shows 316/105 but the other source is more close to275/280 at much less velocityandat 20W ASX shows 337/34 which is the wind at 10W - Washington is much more like the wind at 30W - 255/53Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

Just to check if these discrepancies are also existent in other partsof world I checked PHNL-KJFK FL350at 1530 UTCFirst wind ASX / then ASv6.5APACK 063/3 and 080/25ADENI 003/3 and 307/37ALLBE 214/86 and 309/10 !!OAK 217/73 and 358/19 !!SNY 332/14 and 309/51then all the way to OBK ASX mainly northwest at 55 ktsASv6.5 southsouthwest at 70 ktsand finally from JHW to KJFK ASX south to ssw at 25 ktsASv6.5 west at 15 ktsFunny enough calculated flt time was 8:45 vs. 8:43 !!Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

Hi Karl we are looking at this in depth...Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi, Jim and Damianabsulute highlight today was KJFK-EDDT to PUTASX wind 343/107ASV wind 212/12act wind during flt 198/23just to keep you updatedKarl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

Hi Karl,Just an update, we have noted some discrepancies in a preliminary review, in certain areas more than others. We have a full review scheduled early next week in such noted problem areas and will be examining how we can improve accuracy here across the board. A certain bug with station identification (recently fixed) may also be to blame here.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies