Sign in to follow this  

ASX Crashing on start up

Guest Temp

Error message for me too. Cannot use ASX. D'oh! I know the guys at HiFi are doing their best to resolve it though. Thanks guys.

Guest garyw2005

Well you can add me to the list. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall it but that didn't work. It would also crash FSXGary

Thanks for the excellent action.Just out of curiosity... is this a problem that will keep recurring, and if so will we be seeing a patch soon?

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Guest VFR_Steve

working fine again thanks for the quick action!!

Guest Temp

ASX working fine now. Thanks everybody at HiFi. So what exactly was the problem may I ask?

Hi everyone,The problem is due to some stations in the Middle east reporting very bad data. The server is handling this correctly but some of this data is getting passed on to ASX client. This causes an unhandled exception. This has been fixed and tested for our upcoming update and server workarounds to eliminate such problem until this update is available have been implemented.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest NYURDRMS

I have to tell you that this level of support is very refreshing to see. Seems like it has been forever since I have seen this level of dedicaion.Also, I would like to add as a brand new customer of HIFI, I am extremely impressed with this add on. Never thought I really cared about the clouds in the MFS until I added this. Now I constantly find myself snapping screenshots and amazed at the view.Thanks again,Chad

JimMy ASX is broken tonight. Here is a snip of the log:23:59:12: Imagery processing thread started23:59:12: Initialization complete23:59:12: Loading previously loaded weather...23:59:12: Weather synthesis thread has been startedIt just hangs there, progress bar only about 10% done.I have auto downloads turned off.Earlier it was hanging on wx download, so I thought it was corrupt wx data file, so I deleted previous weather.wx or whatever it's called.That may have been a bad idea.Advice appreciated.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest garyw2005

Jim, This is Gary. I have re-installed ASX and now it crashes on startup.Gary

Hi,Deleting the required lastdownloaded weather file will cause problems. You may be stuck here with the invalid data. I would suggest editing the asx.cfg and set AutomaticDownloads = True. Does this cure the situation?Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies