Sign in to follow this  

DX9 reviews???

Guest Muppet22

Same here - fine, no difference.

Same here,no noticable difference.But no downside either.Richard

Guest GiZBUG

You won't notice a difference unless you have a newer Radeon video card. GF2,GF3,GF4 are not optimized for DX9.Just a lot of hype over DX9. I highly doubt you will notice much, if any improvements unless u have this new card.

Guest Edam

It refuses to install itself on my system (WINXP Home.) It gets as far as a file called dsdmoprp.dll, sits there for a while, then reports that "A file could not be copied," and aborts the install.The betas did the same thing.

You might want to take a look at what's starting when your system boots up. Sounds like something is locking the .dll in question....some type of background process that is using Direct3d. If virus scans and spyware scans come up empty, you might have to dig into the registry to see if something is being loaded at bootup. Sometimes, it may be a simple utility that works in concert with your 3d card, sound card, modem, or any that can be used by D3d.-John

I'm running on my xp home puter.Video card: Geforce2 pro 64 MEG RAM CARD.Some of the skyscrapers in Chicago are now white.Can I use Cleansweep to remove DIRECTX 9, or is there another solution?Fps slightly improved.Thanks.Jim Alcorn

On XP and WinMe you should use the system restore feature and go back to a date prior to when you installed Dx9.Michael J.

Hi all.The idea that the DirectX 9.0 upgrade will have no effect on your FS2002 performance, because FS2002 uses 8.0, may not be true.We all know that CFS3's use of DirectX 8.2 had a bad influence on the performance of some aspects of FS2002. Hopefully, that is corrected in 9.0.Other aspects of the 9.0 upgrade may change performance, as many of the dlls for directx are now changed.My d3d9.dll is new, but so is my version of d3d8.dll, after the upgrade.It makes sense that MS would use version 9.0 to correct or improve problems with 8.x, rather than upgrade to 8.3 at this stage.I'm noting no problems with 9.0 Final version, concerning any of my programs that use DirectX7 or 8, or any other program.If you would wish to insure that you have the most recent fixes for DirectX, then the 9.0 Final install is the only option. There won't be any 8.x upgrades, now, as they will be included in the 9.x installs.Dick

Folks Version 9 will NOT make much differance even if you have an 9700 and it will not untill developers are able to write codethe uses the above into new titles AND your card supports the above(in hardware). So if dir 8.. works for you just stay with it at least for now Dan

Guest Edam

Thanks for the reply, John. I have a number of things running at startup: Ad-SubtractClipCacheCookieWallNoAdsPC-CillinTiny Personal FirewallI disabled the firewall and PC-Cillin when installing, but I'll have a look at the registry to see what else may be locking that file on an install.What is perplexing to me is that I can find no reference to that file on Google, or anywhere else, OR another person that has the same problem in any of the newsgroups. In addition, the file doesn't already exist on my drive.(Failing all else, my only recourse will be to start referring to Microsoft as M$, Micro$oft, MoneySoft or MickeySoft, and chastizing Bill Gates for his success, while still refusing to change operating systems. OK...just kidding with all of that.) As for all of the advisos about DX9 not making a difference, I'd just like to see for myself, since I can easily go back.

I found quite a few references to it searching at google, but no reference to this issue. Also, are you sure the file doesn't exist? The other day I was searching for something, couldn't find it, then remembered I had the hidden/system files filter on--a precaution I took a few days before when my daughter was playing with her paint proggie. I usually leave the setting off, and had forgotten to turn it off again after my daughter left.It's possible one of those programs listed is using the DX file, perhaps for autoupdates. You have me so intrigued, I'll have to look for the file when I get home.

Fairly good advice Dan.... I may hold off until the first titles appear requiring DX 9. Have nothing broken at the moment, and I live by the "ain't broke" philosophy. OTH, people who've had odd issues in the past may find that DX 9 repairs a broken installation and improves stability or performance. Or, they may find their mix of apps and O/S dll's works better with the new DX. Rare that I find two PC's, even in the same home and with the same O/S, that have identical sets of Windows system files. And I'd hope that MS is at work optimizing the code of DX all the time--so there may be some help there. But since DX 6, no DX upgrade has ever bought me a measurable increase in performance, outside of an odd benchmarking program or two. The upgrades have only bought me the ability to use newer programs like 2k2....-John