Sign in to follow this  

DX9 reviews???

Guest Edam

Hello again, John...Here's a screenshot of what occurs...

Slow day here so I tried it the final release this morning on Xp Pro. Everything ran fine (no improvements, but no trouble either) until I tried the PSS Dash8. There I ran into significant problems with K32 and sound errors. I fought the errors all day, didn't find a solution, and reloaded 8.1 tonight. All mileage is, of course, variable.Trip

Guest JonP01

I agree with that to a certain extent. But as someone who is going to shell out somewhere between $700 and $1000 AUD for a dx9 compatible graphics card in a few months, I'd like to be sure that I have no issues with dx9 right now - rather than spend $1000 and then find out I have issues with dx9 and can't install the drivers on my new card.Certainly I don't care about dx9 games per se, as by the time I buy one, I will almost certainly have changed every component in my PC. However it is quite likely that future driver releases for the current 9700 series cards (and maybe even the Geforce FX from the outset) will require a pre-existing dx9 installation to even function at all.It's one thing for games to require dx9, but I believe updated drivers in the near future from both ATi and Nvidia will require dx9, even if there are no games to support it. It was the same situation when I had a Geforce 3. All my games only needed dx 7, but I had to have a pre-existing installation of dx8 in order to load the graphics drivers.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Two thumbs down here. Got rid of my boot files (or was it just a strange coincidence) and I was lucky that I had backups of those on the other drive. Gone in less than an hour after I got it.

Of course if one is in the market for a new card of course up gradeto Version 9 all I am saying is for now it won't make a big differance for most people unless you do say animation in Maya or 3DSMax (or write code for games) as an example. And even then I like most people use Open GL and not DirX when in those apps. Dan

The new NV30 and NV25 will make use of Direct X 9.0.And NO, they are not going to be $700-$1000.$499-$599 is more ballpark ;)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Shane,If you read his post closely, you will see that he states $700 - $1000 in AUD ( Australian ). $1.00 USD = current apprx. $1.77 AUD.I believe I will wait a few months for DX9, as none seem to report any major improvements ( aside from specific vid cards ).Cheers,Roger

Guest JonP01

And I think the one grand might be conservative. Currently an Aopen Ti 4600 still lists at $833 :-eek Must be made of gold or something.

Hi,Reinstalled MSFS2002 PRO.DX 9 WORKS FINE.Possible conflict with third party scenery.Jim Alcorn

With my radeon 9700 Pro video card.I have experienced no problems at all with DX9 and I have NOT seen any difference in the speed of texture loading, texture quality of any increase in FPS.I continue to run FS2K2 in full screen mode 1920 X 1440 (16 bit) with everything maxed out. In slew mode at 1300 feet looking at KORD with 12-15 AI aircraft in gates or taxiing around I still get no more than 18 FPS. Same as with DX8.1

>because FS2002 uses 8.0, may not be >true. MS confirmed to Peter Dowson that FS2002 only makes use of DX7.